In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(utilizado como sustituto del aguarrás) espíritu de petróleo masculine
- They will look different from the rest of the wood when wiped with mineral spirits; lighter spots that show the mineral spirits did not penetrate evenly.
- To change the consistency of paint, try odorless mineral spirits, perhaps mixed with a dab of linseed oil.
- Do not clean your hands or other skin areas with gasoline, kerosene, mineral spirits, or turpentine.
- Most of the wax can be stripped with rags kept moistened with mineral spirits or other paint thinners.
- Smudges from the compound can be removed later with a cloth dipped in mineral spirits or turpentine.
- Plus, there are no irretrievable brushstrokes, and better yet no headaches from chalk dust or mineral spirits.
- Clean the surface well with mineral spirits or water as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Scrubbing with the coarse cloth and mineral spirits may take the sheen off the door.
- When you come back to your project, just stir the water or mineral spirits into the paint.
- Water-repellent preservatives are mixtures of a solvent such as mineral spirits or other paint thinners, wax, a resin or drying oil and a wood preservative.
- Paste wax helps to cover small cracks and checks in old finishes, and can easily be removed with mineral spirits when desired.
- Remove it with a cloth dampened with mineral spirits or synthetic turpentine.
- All of the materials, including the mineral spirits and non-slip additives, are available at local paint stores or home centers.
- To find out what wood look like without stain but just with a clear finish, wet a section of it with mineral spirits.
- Wipe all surfaces with a clean rag saturated with mineral spirits (paint thinner) to remove any surface contamination.
- If this happens, use mineral spirits (paint thinner) to dissolve the residue.
- Rags containing smelly solvents like mineral spirits or WD - 40 should be rinsed out with soap and water and let air dry before joining the rest of the laundry.
- Thoroughly clean the surface of the piece with a commercial wood cleaner, mineral spirits, or wax remover, to determine whether the present finish is salvageable.
- Occasionally, a bath of thinner or mineral spirits, followed by a warm soapy water wash and clean water rinse may be necessary after normal cleaning procedures.
- You'll have to wait longer for it to dry, and you'll have to use mineral spirits for cleanup, but it's worth it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.