In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At the Essex House in New York, a half-dozen different mineral waters are available.
- And they warn that it may be in just those areas that produce many of Scotland's finest mineral waters that the tap water may not be all it appears.
- And at almost a pound a bottle, Dasani tap water was more expensive than many natural mineral waters.
- Instead of pushing bottles of mineral water on us, water jugs were brought to the table as soon as we arrived and constantly refilled.
- The good news is that almost three quarters of the bottled waters we drink are natural mineral waters, with still versions the most popular.
- Most people in cities now buy water while others use bottled mineral water, so water has already been privatised, they argue.
- For instance, the actual mineral content of most mineral waters is less than 500 parts per million.
- Even today many no longer drink tap water; bottled mineral water is the fashion.
- Do remember to take a bottle of mineral water and a wet towel to supply water for the body and cool yourself while you are in the room.
- ‘There has also been significant growth in the area of non-alcoholic drinks, mineral waters and fruit juices,’ he said.
- Gibraltar is home to the light-manufacturing of tobacco, roasted coffee, ice, mineral waters, candy, beer, and canned fish.
- Then there's Alex - you can always spot him because he has a bottle of Evian mineral water on his desk and is obsessed with scribbling things on a whiteboard.
- A typical encounter, and the last time I bought his wares: I asked for a bottle of mineral water and a beer.
- The bill came to €61.50 including mineral waters and coffees.
- The Bulgarian government responded by sending 11 tanks of drinking water and a truck carrying bottles of mineral water to help the town.
- Instances of people selling unclean water in bottles in place of mineral water are plenty.
- Although he claims that it is purified tap water that he will sell, he does not make any distinction between mineral water and tap water.
- Chocolates, candy, freeze pops, bubble gum, and natural mineral waters, functional drink products and cream liqueurs are also among the range.
- Not an unreasonable amount as this included three mineral waters, a cafe mocha and two cappuccinos, but disappointing considering my steak.
- Use bottled mineral water or at least well-boiled water.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.