In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The kitchen was small and cramped, with minimal counter space and cabinetry.
- It can be the backbone of many meals while adding only a minimal amount of fat.
- Moreover, the nation has got on well with only a minimal amount of decisive political leadership.
- He stressed, however, that this easing of restrictions was only minimal.
- Instead, a year of planning has gone into ensuring the absolute minimal amount of disruption to traffic while the work has been in progress.
- With a limited budget finding performers willing to travel and perform for a minimal amount proved difficult.
- With a minimal amount of research you can make a sound decision on who to do business with.
- Despite his minimal knowledge of music, Hoss could tell he was off key and slurring the words.
- While I scanned the place, Ryan asked me some questions which I answered with the minimal amount of information.
- The exterior differences were minimal, amounting to some new alloys and revised indicator lamp housings.
- We also see the band on tour throughout New Zealand and Asia with a minimal amount of live footage.
- The worm is spreading modestly and causing only a minimal amount of damage.
- Within the space of a week, and with minimal amount of application, it is possible to gain a skill of incalculable worth.
- The poorest schools, such as Detroit Public Schools, get this minimal amount.
- There is a minimal amount of violence and very little blood.
- As a result, we could preserve and extend the advantages of a free market with a minimal amount of coercion.
- For a low-budget Indonesian film, preceded by minimal hype, this was nothing short of a triumph.
- On Monday I started myself on a diet where I am eating meat, fruit and vegetables with a minimal amount of carbohydrates.
- It's just a shame that they did not see fit to at least include a minimal amount of this information on the disc.
- Budget deficits are also the norm - the tax base is insufficient to cover minimal government spending.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.