In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1salario mínimo masculine
- Many economists have backed away from the argument that minimum wages lead to fewer jobs.
- Constraining the wage would affect thousands of workers on minimum wages and lead to a real cut in living standards.
- This practice is actually enshrined in the rules governing the national minimum wage.
- It relates to past workers who in the past had qualified for the national minimum wage.
- Like the minimum wage, the national agreement may put a floor under wage increases, but nothing more.
- This summer is also the first since the introduction of the minimum wage and under-18s are entitled to a minimum wages of £3.08 before tax.
- Some states and cities have adopted higher minimum wages and enacted living-wage ordinances.
- It is because the claimant is over 26 that she is said to qualify for the minimum wage.
- If a nation enforced minimum wages or working conditions, industry would move to one where there was no enforcement.
- By the same token, let's examine the minimum wages as mandated by legislation.
- I know as an economist that minimum wages increase unemployment, and as a libertarian I'm against mandating such policies on private parties.
- The new focus on the state level includes an effort to make state minimum wages as lasting as most living wage ordinances, by indexing them to the cost of living.
- But the real impact of the living wage may be its effect on state and city minimum wages.
- We have introduced not only tax credits but also raised the national minimum wage.
- The agreement raises starting minimum wages by a paltry 35 cents, to $6.70 an hour.
- Should she get a job, she will not be eligible for the minimum wage because young people are deemed not to deserve it.
- The demands of the village guards are not only genuine but also reasonable keeping in view the rising cost of living and the basic minimum wages fixed for other workers in the public and private sector.
- It will offer jobs at the national minimum wage and with the same rights as permanent employees.
- We already have one of the highest national minimum wages in Europe.
- Miners voted in favour of a national strike for a minimum wage, and the strike was massively successful.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.