In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A television miniseries produced in 1997 stuck much closer to the novel; unfortunately, Warner Bros. has not released it on DVD.
- But enough of these meanderings, here are some of the series, films, miniseries, specials and, yes, game shows that aspired to leave their imprimatur on the pundits.
- I'm looking for a copy of the PBS miniseries Mother Love, starring Diana Rigg.
- These novelas air during prime time, much like a miniseries, and typically run about six months.
- They pioneered the idea of the miniseries: six hours of television to cover the breadth of such novels as Sinclair Ross's As for Me and My House and Ernest Buckler's The Mountain and the Valley.
- Currently in the works is a sitcom-style miniseries in which viewers can influence the actions of characters with a click of the mouse.
- That makes the universal affection for the BBC's 1986 miniseries The Singing Detective seem that much more atypical.
- The concept album is a different attempt to harmonise the traditional short segments of popular music with the long narrative line of the novel, opera, TV miniseries, or stage drama.
- One surprising facet of this television miniseries without commercials is that, due to its anthological format and brisk pace, the breaks don't really show very badly at all.
- Today the commercial television networks have virtually abandoned the miniseries format.
- Recently, she finished writing a teleplay for a miniseries called Miraculous Journey.
- John Voight plays the late pontiff in a CBS miniseries, ‘Pope John Paul II.’
- Being a made-for-TV miniseries for Canadian television, production values are about as poor as you might expect.
- These days, the first episode of any new series or miniseries has to start with some sort of attention-getter, in order to lure in viewers and keep them from changing the channel after the first break.
- The SciFi Network's new Dune miniseries begins Sunday night.
- Nevertheless, for a TV miniseries, the special effects are respectable on the whole.
- The miniseries proved so popular that more editions followed in 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, and 1997.
- The miniseries is a wonderful treat for fans - filled with lots of gee-whiz special effects, battles, drama, emotion, joy, and tears.
- But more than simply a stiff costume drama in space suits, the miniseries is smart in both its telling and its look.
- The problem with so many miniseries is that television studios can't afford to hire a top-notch cast.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.