In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(rank/duties) ministerialthere will be some ministerial changes — habrá cambios en el gabinete
- at ministerial level — a nivel ministerial
- This November in Miami, thousands are preparing to resist the ministerial meetings on the Free Trade Area of the Americas.
- They claimed that I was just following the party line or that ministerial office had bought me off (which to anyone involved in Westminster is clearly nonsense).
- It is now common knowledge that she expected to be appointed to a ministerial office as soon as Labor was returned to government.
- He said the legislation body took the initiative to draft bills on the presidency, the presidential advisory board and on ministerial offices, all of which are also prioritized for this year.
- Thus, we see the frequent use of government via ministerial order rather than legislation; the MO being the instrument found unconstitutional just two weeks ago.
- He has an abundance of political experience, including senior ministerial office, and will relish the challenge of heading the new beefed-up Transport Department.
- Mollien's ministerial term of office thus spanned nine years, covering a territory spreading over most of continental Europe.
- Other than that, it is perfectly reasonable for us to assume that if we put a question down to a Minister with a ministerial responsibility, that Minister will be here to answer it.
- Ulster Unionist Party leader David Trimble will today table a motion in the Assembly to exclude Sinn Féin from ministerial office.
- Despite one minister relinquishing his ministerial portfolio, the country is still not confident that there is integrity in public life.
- And a party associating with an armed group of people, albeit one honouring a prolonged ceasefire, cannot hold ministerial office in the Republic of Ireland.
- But in light of his political biography there can be no doubt of his preparedness to assume a ministerial office in a Union-led government.
- What we know is that police, Norfolk Island Police, were called to his ministerial office at about lunch time today.
- The Prime Minister has no ministerial responsibility for the Labour list.
- About 40 presidents and royalty, ten prime ministers and 43 ministerial delegations have been billed to attend.
- Eleven of the 17 junior ministers have previous ministerial experience.
- As Macmillan steps up the ministerial pecking order from Housing to Defence to Foreign Minister and Chancellor, the politics become more interesting.
- After 15 days, an agreement was reached through which the Lefts and the Greens were excluded from ministerial office, but would keep the government in power.
- But the senior Government whip has just indicated that we have just had two speeches from Ministers in a ministerial statement situation.
- Representatives from nationalist and unionist parties may have held ministerial office, but there was clearly no genuine effort to govern together.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.