In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(profession)the ministry — el sacerdocio
- to go into / enter the ministry — (esp in the Catholic church) hacerse sacerdote
- I've heard it argued that it shouldn't be easier for a priest to leave the active ministry than it is for laypeople to end their marriages.
- The story is that as Hays struggled over his choice of vocation, the ministry or politics, the church and politics fought over him.
- His entire Christian life and ministry revolved around visible churches.
- In short, black women are important in the life of the church and in the ministry.
- Many times church leaders or pastors may say that a ministry's goal is to change lives.
- But the most important result is that, in a divided Church, ministry is not efficacious.
- He came to a personal faith in Jesus Christ in 1976 and has served in the Christian ministry for 23 years.
- The antidote to this is for committed lay people, men and women, to be included in the ministry of the church.
- Does a decline in the social status of the ministry as a profession weaken recruitment?
- Fr. Dunne, since moving to Tinryland in 1989, became very well respected in the parish for his pastoral and caring ministry.
- Will Willimon is dean of the chapel and professor of Christian ministry at Duke University.
- The office traces its origins to the New Testament church, where the ministry of Stephen and others is described in the Acts of the Apostles as their diaconia.
- The chapters cover topics such as: worship, Bible versions, the ministry, elders and deacons, moaners and groaners, problems in the church, and revival.
- And Vernon Presley, Elvis' dad said Elvis felt a call toward ministry.
- The essential apostolic office is that of the bishop, an office intimately associated with the person and ministry of Jesus Christ.
- We also discussed why Marian decided to train for the ministry, and her training so far.
- I think there are going to continue to be men and women called to ministry as God would call him.
- I encountered Maritain in this his last book while studying for the Episcopal ministry in 1969.
- Love for God and neighbor, as lived out in the ministry of Jesus, specifies and constitutes freedom as Christians understand it.
- The church ministry is now divided according to different age groups and administered by the pastor and six deacons elected by the congregation.
(period of service, activity)ministerio masculine
- Periodically in my ministry, we have done worship planning with groups of lay people.
- In the decades that followed his death, out of the circle of 12 that had accompanied him during his three years of ministry, 10 would die a martyr's death.
- It was there that he lived during the time of the ministry and crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
- During the time of His ministry, Jesus Christ lived in northern Galilee, at Capernaum, a short distance north from Magdala along the shore of the sea.
(department)ministerio masculinesecretaría feminine MexicoMinistry of Agriculture — Secretaría de Agricultura feminine Mexico
- Ministry of Defence — (in UK) Ministerio de Defensa
- Also coming out of the summit was a plan to reorganize government ministries, affecting 15 ministries and 156 associated departments.
- The document is the result of extensive consultation with government ministries and departments and other public and private sector organisations.
- After each question, the prime minister directed questions concerning a certain ministry over to that particular minister to answer.
- This country has a strange culture whereby Government departments and ministries puff out their chests, depending on how much public funds they spend.
- A National Policy Agency official on loan to the ministry, and a health ministry official on loan to the Cabinet Office will also take part, the officials said.
- The recommendations of these Parliaments have been tabled to the relevant Government ministries and departments for consideration.
- Since arriving in China on Monday, Nowak has met with vice minister-level officials from the ministries of Foreign Affairs, Justice and Public Security.
- During Zhu's term, the Chinese government abolished 61 separate ministries and departments and laid off more than 1.15 million officials.
- The movement's leader was the only one who could elect the head of the parliamentary group, the Parliament itself, the heads of ministries, and the prime minister.
- He called on the scrap metal dealers to liaise with his ministry if they had any outstanding contracts that needed to be met.
- The reporters' expedition to the site was organised by the Iraqi information ministry to document what it called American war ‘crimes’.
- Those Ministers are a risk to them, so if the Minister of State Services and the Government can roll those ministries into a bigger department, then that is fine.
- In short, the reforms were an effort to bring under scrutiny the activities of all Government ministries and departments through the supreme law making body of the country, Parliament.
- Japan's transport ministry said today that it has been informed of a possible terrorist threat against the Yokota base, which serves as the headquarters for US forces in Japan.
- The IGC appointed ministers to head the major ministries last summer, but never appointed a prime minister.
- In 1893 Austria's ministry of culture commissioned the artists Gustav Klimt and Franz Matsch to decorate the Great Hall of the University of Vienna.
- At the end of 2001, the provincial environment ministry issued four orders against the city of Hamilton for allowing discharges into the Red Hill Creek.
- There will be three deputy prime ministers, and three new ministries will be created - state administration, sports and youth, and energy and energy resources.
- As chairman of the Cabinet of ministers the prime minister is ultimately held responsible by the press and the public for what happens in each ministry represented in his Cabinet.
- Iraq's interior ministry says that the American, a Sri Lanka and two Arab nationals were kidnapped from their office in western Baghdad today.
(period of office)gestión ministerial feminine
- After the death of Canning and the failure of the Goderich ministry, Wellington became prime minister in January 1828.
- Governments in the faction period were usually short-lived; a ministry which lasted 12 months had done well.
- In his first ministry from 1868 to 1874, Gladstone implemented many government reforms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.