In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Both categories find their place in the musical play for television The flood, with Craft's text drawing on both the Book of Genesis and the medieval English miracle plays.
- One is a combination of many ideas, as it seeks to represent the northern lights and suggests the parade-like procession of the miracle plays of the Medieval period.
- In medieval times, stages of wood and canvas were set up in churches and market squares for the performance of mines and miracle plays.
- It traces the city's performing ambitions from the miracle plays of the 14th century to the 1940s.
- He had festivals at Abydos, and an annual miracle play.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.