In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He claimed never to have been cut and attributed this to miraculous divine protection.
- This miraculous reconciliation of Christ, declares that He is the Son of God!
- His own miraculous power is seemingly well documented, though he himself was reluctant to speak of it.
- One less well-documented feature of the canals of East London is their miraculous healing power.
- He was seen by his followers as having the power to predict miraculous events.
- It had become clear that he was dying and Frieda took him first to Germany and then to the south of France in search of what could only have been a miraculous cure.
- Martyrs' bodily remains were sites of the divine on earth, possessed of miraculous and saving power.
- Appealing to the works of a miraculous creator is no scientific answer.
- Their cosmic selves and miraculous powers co-exist with these humble identities.
- By Guru's grace, one attains the eight miraculous powers and all wisdom.
- The first was the theological stage, in which events in the physical world were explained in terms of external miraculous powers.
- There is a tradition that these names have miraculous powers if used properly.
- Jesus receives him and provides breakfast for him, in the miraculous provision of fish and bread.
- Hindus from both India and Mauritius visit the river, which they believe has miraculous powers.
- It turns out this gentle giant has miraculous healing powers which some of them get a chance to benefit from.
- Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles.
- In adulthood, Zoroaster was resented by followers of the old tradition, but he convinced many with his miraculous cures.
- In the basilica in Suyapa there is a tiny wooden image of her that is believed to have miraculous powers.
- Situations which seem to be overwhelming provide an opportunity for God to display His grace and miraculous power on our behalf.
- It was also at Pentecost that King Arthur and his knights were wont to sit and wait for some unusual or miraculous occurrence before they sat to feast.
2(amazing, wonderful)(escape/recovery) milagroso(dish/display/performance) maravillosoit was nothing short of miraculous — fue todo un milagro
- Remastering is truly miraculous producing a picture, albeit black and white of superb quality.
- Unfortunately for Malton the final whistle sounded to prevent a miraculous comeback.
- The manager has already pulled off one miraculous escape from relegation in the Premiership.
- But for me, above all else, it was his Schubert which was truly miraculous.
- For Albion, two successive Premiership seasons would be unprecedented and nothing short of miraculous.
- Each miraculous medical advance brings with it a host of unanswered questions that cut to the heart of what it means to be human.
- The military victory was as miraculous as the oil lasting for eight days.
- A miraculous transformation took place as I passed through immigration at the Eurostar check-in.
- The Lions are showing signs, but nothing miraculous will happen in this one.
- An Ardglass woman has had a miraculous escape after she was viciously attacked by a crazed seal.
- A York driver has told of his miraculous escape following a collision with a combine harvester on a narrow country road.
- But any glimmer of a miraculous comeback was blotted out by England's sixth try.
- He was certain that he would be able to bring about some kind of miraculous treatment method.
- Cardan achieved some near miraculous cures and his growing reputation as a doctor led to his being consulted by members of the College.
- I have been experiencing restorative outages of up to fourteen hours per day through the use of this miraculous invention.
- He'd actually had a miraculous political escape and he was taking all the credit he could.
- A youth standing near the parked vehicle, had a miraculous escape from death.
- Or he may have been part of one of the most miraculous feats of all time.
- Starting Sunday, you were to build your legend even further with a miraculous comeback.
- The results were not miraculous - but they did suggest that the treatment tended to benefit at least the younger patients.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.