1mal casamiento masculinecasamiento desigual masculine
- Some even went so far as to assert that he was already married, and that it was in order to escape the consequence of an early misalliance that he had buried himself at Bishop's Crossing.
- Madama Butterfly is a tragedy of cultural misalliance, the swift and bloody ending of which has none of the comfort and emotional certainty associated with popular operas such as La Traviata and La Bohme.
- The word ‘mulatto’ is derived from the Arabic muwallad, which originally referred to persons who were not ‘genuine’ Arabs, especially individuals born of black - white ‘misalliances’.
- The interrelationship between the characters too, echoes the constellation of the German Enlightenment dramas of G. E. Lessing and Friedrich Schiller, complete with a symbolic father/son conflict and various misalliances.
- When the male-female pairs aren't demonstrating strident misalliance or hopeless anomie, they confront one another as units destined for mutual inscrutability.