In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Kubrick, of course, is eternally categorised as cold, unemotional, misanthropic, somehow inhuman.
- As a result, the film contains no fresh insights and is a cold and misanthropic work.
- It is possible that you are antisocial, misanthropic, or in need of a good shrink.
- In any event, the conclusion of Solaris has an unpleasant, misanthropic quality.
- However, the aggressive and misanthropic nature of the imperialist power system, the denial of any democratic conditions, finds its most visible expression in it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.