In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We'll hear from critics who say the misappropriation of oil revenue is hampering the country's reconstruction.
- Now that the President himself has been fingered as one of those who benefited from the misappropriation, he does owe the public an accounting.
- Government has warned that it will deal firmly with officers involved in thefts and misappropriation of funds meant for community projects.
- She needed to apply strict accounting principles and practices to detect fraud and misappropriations of public funds.
- The ministry audit found no evidence of fraud or misappropriation of government funds and no undo influence or inappropriate relationship with ministers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.