In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Medicineaborto espontáneo masculineaborto no provocado masculineto have/suffer a miscarriage — tener/sufrir un aborto
- Forty six people have been admitted to hospital, with seven deaths and three miscarriages or stillbirths in pregnant women.
- Confusingly, healthcare professionals sometimes refer to miscarriage as spontaneous abortion.
- Almost all women go on to have a healthy pregnancy after a miscarriage.
- Relatively new is the medical approach to spontaneous miscarriages.
- The baby's mother had caught rubella and when pregnant mums get rubella the results are abortions, miscarriages, stillbirths, and birth defects.
- One woman who deeply regretted the abortion had four early miscarriages then carried two pregnancies to term and is alive 18 years after the first completed pregnancy.
- Pregnant women are usually warned to avoid all contact with cats and cat feces to avoid exposure to Toxoplasma gondii, a microbe that can cause miscarriages or damage to fetuses.
- Have infertility, miscarriages, stillbirths or infant deaths taken place in the family?
- Researchers found that childhood cancer survivors, with the exception of those who were treated for central nervous system tumors, were not more likely to have miscarriages or stillbirths.
- As yet the optimal management for women with spontaneous miscarriages is unclear.
- Smoking among women, especially during pregnancy can lead to miscarriages, premature birth, and low birth weight of infants.
- Approximately 1 percent of women experience recurrent miscarriage, which is defined as three consecutive miscarriages of pregnancies conceived with the same partner.
- She had been starving herself for so long, and she induced a miscarriage on herself.
- A history of termination of pregnancy, recurrent miscarriages, sexually transmitted infections, or sterilisation can all become a source of conflict.
- Some investigators have found statistical associations between induced abortion and subsequent miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies.
- Bacterial infections such as those caused by listeria or Group B Strep are a recognised cause of some stillbirths and late miscarriages.
- Spontaneous miscarriage, premature delivery and stillborn birth are possible results of an infected foetus.
- The same outbreak also resulted in at least 10,000 miscarriages and stillbirths.
- As the waiting time for getting a legally induced abortion is short, we believe that the number of spontaneous miscarriages while waiting for an abortion is low.
- However, most miscarriages occur when a pregnancy is not developing normally.
2a miscarriage of justice — un fallo injusto
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.