In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(actor) darle un papel inapropiado athe play was hopelessly miscast — la obra tenía un reparto muy poco acertado
- And to think, these two horribly miscast actors are the bottom foundation to a three-sided love rendezvous that is supposed to make us feel like caring and having concern for the outcome of all these explosive events.
- As I stated earlier, he is miscast here.
- It is not his fault if Waugh's world view seeps too biliously through the pictures, or if one of the central actors has been drastically miscast.
- Some people felt that Tom Hanks was miscast, but I thought he was dead-on, because it's a father and son story.
- It's not that she's is a bad actress (she's solid in comedies and light dramas), but she's woefully miscast here.
- He is not a bad actor, just thoroughly miscast.
- There is nothing wrong with his performance, except that he is drastically miscast as a quiet mathematician.
- It's not that he's miscast, or wrong for the film, but his thespian power transcends the material, making the meager work of others around him stand out even more.
- Though I liked his ‘matador’ scene, he was really miscast, particularly in such a heavyweight lineup.
- She has hitherto, in films and plays, always been miscast as the sweet, lovely ingénue.
- It's not enough that they had to badly miscast this movie.
- She is miscast as the semi-femme fatale.
- A good actor with the right material, he is simply miscast and unconvincing as a predatory seducer.
- Not a single member of the cast is miscast or acts poorly.
- However, the two are woefully miscast, the script is terrible, and the result is a mind-numbingly boring mess.
- He is woefully miscast here - he's supposed to be a hard-edged cop who has been pushed to despair by the failed sting at the opening of the picture.
- She may or may not be miscast but she can't really be blamed for the farce that's imploding around her, and nor can anyone else.
- There has always been a vicious edge to his performances, which is why he's miscast in romcoms and nice guy roles.
- These people are badly miscast in the role of the vanguard of the world revolution.
- However, while he doesn't embarrass himself, he is miscast.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.