In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(ball) golpear mal(ball) darle mal a
- The Jags winger mishit his effort, but fortunately for him McLean was on hand to divert the ball into the net from three yards and net his eighth goal in eight games.
- Deacon mishit his conversion horribly and the Rhinos hit the front for good soon after.
- Two minutes after the interval, Crewe pulled a goal back when Ashton's mishit shot found its way past Palace keeper Nico Vaesen.
- First your technique gets off and you start mishitting your putts.
- Damien Maher seemed to have it covered but he mishit it, presenting it straight in to the path of Doyle.
- Chris Maughan mishit a volley straight to the town keeper and Theron Cogill shaved the outside of the post from 10 yards when the midfielder really should have done better.
- I mishit the tee-shot slightly and came up short in the most horrendous rough.
- A 100-metre long bunker all down the left side is waiting to gobble up anything mishit, though the long, narrow bunker protects you from no man's land bordering the trap.
- Alex Burke's angled cross from deep in the right channel was initially mishit by Sean Higgins before it flew across to Steven McGarry to score at the far post, just like John Hartson against Barcelona.
- Shaun Goater's mishit shot took a massive deflection after 23 minutes and it then needed a series of heroic saves from goalkeeper Carlo Nash to keep Joe Royle's men in front.
- The leader holes a putt from 10 feet for par, despite clearly mishitting it.
- Holden and Rhodes were combining well down the right and the former was foiled when he mishit his volley.
- Honey mishit a shot, but it fell perfectly for substitute Carl Rook, who hammered the ball home from close range.
- Ben Muirhead mishit it like normal and luckily I was able to react quickest - it's just goal-poacher's instinct!
- Craig Rogers stood over the 20m free to the left of goal, mishit his attempted ‘point shot’ but his low delivery ricocheted off a Johnstown stick at the near post and into the net.
- Graham Gibson opened the scoring on the stroke of half-time after Paul Ritchie had mishit a cross from Steve Hampshire into his path.
- Denning continue his run in to the area and while he mishit Telfer's cross, Seddon was on hand to tuck the ball home.
- He mishit six yards to Jim Paterson, and although Smith thought he had headed the Motherwell player's effort off the line, the assistant referee awarded the goal and the Dundee captain was booked for his vehement protest.
- I mishit the ball and pushed it to the right of the hole.
- Sean Carey's shot for a point and the lead was mishit and caught the Tramore defenders cold as the ball found the net just under the crossbar.
1golpe defectuoso masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.