In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1patada fallida feminine
- The first chink of light fell to Blake, who was perfectly placed to receive James Walker's miskick as the keeper came thundering out to the right touchline to clear.
- In one miskick his and Chelsea's evening was encapsulated.
- Millwall deservedly drew level when, on 34 minutes, Dyer converted a ball that ran loose after a Dunne miskick.
- Rudd's strong running then set up a try for Wylie Human when Ian Vass's miskick opened up space.
- After a miskick from Lennon, Agathe - or was it Varga - scrambles it clear for a corner.
- Within a minute of the restart Howie produced another vital save to deny King, then the keeper presented the Gills' top scorer with a golden chance from a miskick.
- After the home draw with Southampton, Arsenal were lucky to win 1-0 at Everton with Wiltord's miskick.
- Because of a miskick following that score, the ball hit one of our front five on the kickoff return team and bounced back to the Oilers.
- Although, actually, that was a miskick by Jonny in the final.
- It was a miskick by Coffey from the right wing that fell to Shane Walsh and his low drive across goal was finished to the net by the incoming Andy Hubbard.
- Canvey then finished off the game with two goals in four minutes - another 25-yard special from Minton and a Steve Parmenter miskick.
- Palatine continued to attack and a miskick for goal by James Reid fell to the unmarked Brian Kelly who blasted to the net from close range.
- Charnock then came at Corinthians and after a miskick in the penalty area the ball was smashed into the net to make the game all square at half time.
- County were granted a late consolation when referee Uriah Rennie harshly awarded a penalty against Nicky Southall after he handled Petri Helin's ball into the box following Kevin Nolan's miskick.
- Zibi, who otherwise had a woeful game and had to make way for Shaun Haschick eight minutes from time, pounced on a John Maduka miskick to rifle home the winner in the 66th minute.
- It came as no surprise when Swallows' midfielder Abram Isaks capitalised on a miskick by Rangers defender Helder Muinga to score the first goal in the 19th minute.
- Though Ardara stormed back right away, pointed and then went in front on 36 minutes with a goal, an unfortunate Kieran O'Hare miskick setting it up.
- Maurice Horan passed to Declan Sweeney who went for a point but completely miskicked the ball.
- The goalkeeper miskicked a clearance before Rezaei gifted possession to Zinha, whose perfectly weighted pass left Bravo with the simplest of finishes.
- Both teams had further first half chances: Stevenson miskicked in front of goal while Davy O'Brien brought the best from the Damolly keeper Alan Bann.
- The first real chance went to Ashford after eight minutes, when Anthony Eggleton found himself in space in front of goal, but miskicked the ball harmlessly past the post.
- Civil Service keeper Dermot Kelly gifted Fulford the opening goal when he completely miskicked a 30-yard back pass but his team responded in style.
- Williams miskicked a volley from six yards and Wilbraham amazingly did the same before the danger was averted from the Blackpool line.
- If he didn't miss the ball altogether he'd miskick it, usually into the path of the opposing swarm.
- Time after time the striker who had scored 27 goals in just 44 international matches danced through the German defence only to miskick in deliberate and frequently slapstick fashion.
- In trying to rectify his failing, he miskicked the cross.
- Liam Kearney's deep cross was headed back across the box by Roy O'Donovan, but the unmarked Behan miskicked and, following up, O'Callaghan was unable to make the most of the loose ball from an acute angle.
- He got a head to a free-kick, but miskicked as the ball dropped to him.
- His shot from 20 yards was beaten away and Iain Nicholson miskicked with the goal beckoning.
- Maloney had another opportunity when he rounded the keeper but miskicked and then minutes later was denied again, this time by a last-ditch David McLaren blocking tackle.
- Maybe it is a confidence thing because a few times when we tried to hit shots, we miskicked the ball.
- Spurs mainly played on the counter-attack but after one passing move, Jamie Redknapp delivered a far post cross but the intimidating Atouba miskicked.
- Skipper Stewart Drummond headed over from a corner, Danny Carlton hit a snapshot over the bar when he looked a certain scorer, Chris Lane saw his header come back into play from the crossbar and Lee Collins miskicked in front of a yawning net.
- Waghorn miskicked Cass's cross from only a few yards out and Cass then headed over Gavin Cartwright's cross.
- The keeper lost a little concentration and, in trying to clear, miskicked into Byrne's face.
- Both sides went on all-out attack from the first whistle, but Storeys took the lead when a Cartmel defender miskicked to tee up the ball for Nick Pinnington.
- County could still have got on level terms five minutes later when Dan Johnson dribbled his way past three defenders and drilled over a low cross, but Lee Moffatt miskicked when the square pass came invitingly to him in front of goal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.