In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Once you've got over all the rampant misogyny and gratuitous, comic-book violence, it's an entertaining night in.
- The way she tackled misogyny, sexism, homophobia, grief, and God in her work is really inspiring.
- In the past I have accused him both of misogyny and a hateful fundamentalism, but I was wrong on both counts.
- The photos aren't being misogynist and voyeuristic: they are making a statement about misogyny and voyeurism.
- She defined herself as an engaged cinematographer fighting misogyny and role stereotypes.
- It is a travesty that there is still misogyny and sexism in the labor movement.
- Evidence for this more sober assessment is hate, racism, and misogyny on the Web.
- The old comics are on their last legs because foreigner-fearing, homophobic bigotry and misogyny are no longer as acceptable as they once were.
- His beautifully enunciated vowels and curmudgeonly misogyny were so accurately rendered that he took over the stage whenever he appeared.
- Was the film a brilliant attack on misogyny, or was it simply misogyny?
- Their racism, misogyny and emotional brutality become unbelievable in an English setting.
- There is plenty of misogyny in hip-hop, and in our culture in general in fact.
- This is symptomatic of another link I've noticed with homophobia - that between homophobia and misogyny.
- There is nothing amusing about snobbery, racism, bigotry, misogyny and xenophobia.
- People can't choose their skin colour, or their sex or their sexual orientation, which is why racism and misogyny are so repellent.
- When pressed for a reason why, she stammered over her words, not realizing that she might be taken to task for her own misogyny.
- I've seen no misogyny from him or the people around him.
- Twice he has been confronted by people who have tried to take him to task for perceived misogyny.
- The misogyny of early works is a symptom of his own immaturity and the sexual repression of the age.
- This is the man who has been accused of misogyny.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.