In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escribir maldeletrear malmy name was misspelled — mi nombre estaba mal escrito
- Are there any words folks misspell or incorrect uses of words that simply drive you insane?
- She made sure that everything was perfect, no word left misspelled, no sentence without a period.
- It was a country of bankruptcy notices and public-auction announcements and common-place reports of casual killings and misplaced children and abandoned homes and vandals who misspelled even the four-letter words they scrawled.
- It gets mispronounced or misspelled, but you get used to that after a year or two in school.
- I have very poor spelling and misspell words when I am typing.
- At each performance, several audience members are invited to join the spelling contest, sitting in the bleachers with the cast until they misspell a word.
- After all, nearly every other word had been misspelled in the previous 41 pages she'd written that night and dealing with another 20 pages of constant spell checking would've been way too much of a hassle.
- Because we included only words that we deliberately misspelled for the purpose of our research, we did not know whether natural spelling errors would also have an impact on how readers perceive an author's abilities.
- What may be most disturbing, however, is the role that serendipity could play when young kids search for items on search engines, and mistakenly misspell words that may lead to hate sites.
- Your students probably have some type of personal word book with words they misspell and words they want to remember from theme studies and their writing.
- I think the above article misspells the receptor abbreviation.
- It irked me almost as much as people who misspell the word ‘irk’.
- In fact he cites seven words and misspells two of them.
- No, I thought it was funny that you misspelled in your most obvious attempt to use a big-boy word.
- Certainly, I make typos all the time, and I have a couple of words, such as independent, that I misspell repeatedly.
- If I have misspelled a word, or a sentence really doesn't make any sense, please do tell me and I will fix it.
- For that matter, how does misspelling every single word express pride in your culture?
- So for a U.S. representative to misspell the word respresentative in the first sentence of his home page is, let's say, not a sign of mindful communication.
- The sign was crooked and the word orphanage misspelled in faded red paint.
- What was our mettle, a word I misspelled in my head as m-e-t-a-l?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.