In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1malos tratos masculine(of machine) utilización inadecuada feminine
- She called on ministers to boost protection for women, after a report showed widespread mistreatment of pregnant staff by employers.
- If there are allegations of mistreatment made, then those allegations are investigated.
- He said that allegations of prisoner mistreatment are investigated.
- There is no reminiscing on evidence of any social mistreatment or racial abuse.
- Reports of mistreatment have surfaced recently from detainees, released after a year in custody without charge.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.