In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of word) mal uso masculine(of word) uso incorrecto masculine(of tools) mala utilización feminine(of power) abuso masculine(of funds) malversación feminine(of resources) despilfarro masculinethe misuse of alcohol — el consumo abusivo de alcohol
- All the three cases, however, are glaring instances of misuse of power by the concerned agencies.
- This is just another misuse of power by an administration that continually guards its homeland security tactics.
- Women have similar stories to tell - of misuse of power and of their helplessness in situations where the harassment is short of violent assault or rape.
- It is the abuse and misuse of any power, any position, public or private, for the gain that it is not authorized for.
- These checks and balances were created to prevent misuse of power.
- Scores of politicians are in jail facing charges of corruption and misuse of power.
- In order to prove misuse of powers one has to establish the motive or intention of the institution exercising the power.
- I think they should raise their voices against these misuse of administrative powers.
- Living under the rule of law is an important safeguard against misuse of power.
- However, it is not so wide as to encompass any misuse of power.
- There is, moreover, a close connection between claims based on misuse of powers and those based on proportionality.
- Abuse is a gross and always inexcusable misuse of power.
- Exercise of public power has to be coupled with accountability; otherwise, it would lead to misuse of power.
- The main complaints were verbal abuse, misuse of power, being squeezed out of discussions and threatened with the sack.
- Unfortunately for us, we have only begun to witness the consequences of this ghastly misuse of unaccountable power.
- His government embarked on a campaign of harassment and intimidation against those members of the press who questioned his misuse of power.
- It also claims damages for unlawful interference, breach of European competition rules, breach of contract and misuse of confidential information.
- It is not the first time he has faced claims of misuse of power.
- Like nuclear weapons, these devices would be awesome in their power - and their misuse would be terrifying.
- The Bill which the government is supporting, will provide powers to control their misuse.
1(tool/language) utilizar mal(language/tool) emplear mal(resources) despilfarrar(funds) malversar(authority) abusar de
- I didn't know it was illegal to misuse someone's social security number or other people's info.
- The new laws, detailed below, mean police have new powers to get tough on people misusing fireworks at Bonfire Night celebrations this weekend.
- One of the problems in the current subsidy system is that large amounts of subsidised products are misused or wasted.
- I was under the impression that there was a mandatory prison sentence for anybody misusing a firearm, replica or otherwise, in a public place.
- In actuality, the problem is not the weapons themselves but the people who misuse them.
- In my humble opinion, to use them is not wrong, but to misuse them is.
- Not only do they take them for commercial purposes, but they misuse them entirely.
- And most of these people had been misusing alcohol for 30 to 40 years.
- Other people misuse this car park when they want to use the cash dispenser.
- The one target the trust failed on was not helping enough people through its drugs misuse treatment programme.
- Most of us know people who misuse their credit cards through holiday spending sprees or random acts of profligacy.
- If people misuse the data I posted, I'm sorry, in the sense that I wish they didn't do that.
- They are as often as not people who misuse drugs and then get trapped in a cycle of stealing, drug taking and prison.
- The mobile phone is an important landmark in the field of communication, but it is often misused by the people.
- People misuse the categories of interventionism and isolationism.
- It was irresponsible people who often misused such powers and knowledge for their own interests and to harm their enemies, he said.
- The problems with people misusing fireworks are hitting the local headlines on an almost daily basis.
- Often people misusing drugs and alcohol haven't got their lives in order and the not prepared or motivated to travel to get treatment.
- It is not in the driftnet fishermen's interest to exploit or misuse our oceans resources.
- Corruption allegations that she had misused public funds came next.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.