In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- His blog is a fascinating mix of opinion, fact and fantasy.
- This could be a fascinating mix of open-access cable television, internet newsgroups, peer-to-peer networks and rich media we have yet to imagine.
- He has put together a squad full of quality with a good mix of youth and experience, and foreign and homegrown players.
- They combine a rich mix of styles and colours to form a unique, well-travelled look.
- One of these also included room for participants to comment, relying on a mix of quantitative and qualitative methods.
- The three-storey building combines a spectacular mix of mid 20th-century Chinese and Western architectural styles.
- Once again, he has appeased the demands of aficionados by gathering a fascinating mix of artists in the city this week.
- The tour is a fascinating mix of anecdotal and historical stories combined with well-presented factual information.
- Most chemicals can be combined in a mix of water, seed, and fertilizer, although some manufacturers recommend separate application.
- Her hair was a fascinating mix of dark brown and light brown and her skin was pale brown.
- She argues that true leadership involves a mix of inherent qualities, such as creativity and personal effectiveness skills such as good communication.
- I think I've got a fair mix of ages and qualities.
- For a mild mix, combine familiar types of leaf lettuce with greens such as mizuna, purslane, mache and chervil.
- What gets linked would be at the host's discretion - hopefully a nice mix of quality patient stories, science news, and policy points.
- The children were fascinated as she laced her stories with a fascinating mix of humour, folklore and common sense.
- There's a varied mix of maps in different formats.
- What was interesting to me, in this unit that was getting ready to deploy, this was a different mix of soldiers than fought the war.
- The exciting new show promises an entertaining mix of chat combined with today's top chart hits.
- Here all this and the worst political and cultural extremism were combined in a violent mix of hatred and cold, calculated conception.
- Like all successful teams they have realised that you must have a mix of quality and commitment as one without the other is no good.
2(ingredients)mezcla femininecake mix — preparado comercial para hacer pasteles
- According to the magazine, sales of flour and bread and cake mixes have rocketed by 14% in the past year.
- But on reading the ingredients of a cake mix, I realise now I would never want to.
- Combine all ingredients, except cornflour mix, and cook over medium heat until it simmers.
- These are the big peanuts found in snack foods and trail mixes; they also are often sold as freshly roasted peanuts.
- Clute advises adding items like soup mix packets, granola, bulk-bin pastas and pudding mixes to the pack.
- Concrete mixes for theme coats are like those used for stucco.
- The most important ingredient in the vitamin mix is the emulsifier, which is considered the processing aid ingredient and is not reported on the milk bottle label.
- The dragon teeth stepping stones are entirely optional - you could pour them on site with a hypertufa concrete mix.
- In today's consumerist culture, shoppers prefer to buy convenience foods such as ready-to-eat mixes and processed foods to match their hectic lifestyles.
- Whip up cake mix according to package directions, and pour batter into pans (use leftover batter for cupcakes).
- The book assumes that most birthday cake makers will use a commercial cake mix.
- Our food mixes make a quick, easy and delicious meal that is perfect for the camp or home.
- They also package and sell a variety of dried foods and prepared mixes at the restaurant.
- Around most fields, three and six metre margins and areas seeded with special wildflower or pollen mixes provide food for invertebrates and birds.
- Many dry-packaged products, such as instant drinks, dessert mixes and soup bases, use it to enhance the shelf life of flavors.
- The use of admixtures doesn't play a large part in concrete mixes for tilt-up construction.
- Not that the business is entirely against the use of mixes and other prepared ingredients.
- Commercially prepared mixes of ascorbic and citric acid are seasonally available among canners' supplies in supermarkets.
- Often, bodybuilders will substitute diet sodas and powdered drink mixes with artificial sweeteners to avoid sugar calories.
- One female member was heard to say that she could bake cake mix too if she had a new stove, to which her husband had replied that he'd buy her a whole new kitchen if she'd turn out cake like that.
- Here we find some of the remixes that upstaged the originals, as well as alternate mixes of tracks that many never heard.
- The EP comes with two mixes of this track: one suitable for the couch and the other for the dance floor.
- This EP contains about 6 original tunes on it, a couple being mixes over previous tracks.
- Accompanying James' unorthodox choreography is a stream of video images and an audio mix that includes a sitcom laugh track, a bingo caller and barnyard animals.
- All of these posthumous releases have nothing new to offer - how many times can you listen to a slightly different mix of that tune recorded in 1968?
- Far from marking any new direction, it is a retrospective, scattershot double CD of unreleased tracks, alternate mixes and rare B-sides.
- Instead of the fast dance mix, which had been blasting from the speakers for most of the night a slow ballad hummed its tune through the chilly night air.
- Mixing adds a twist to the theme by compiling a selection of remixes the collective have undertaken for others, along with a handful of new and alternative mixes of their own recordings.
- Maybe someone decides to rant about the snare drum mix on a particular track from 1973 for no other reason than it irritated them at that precise moment.
- Stuffed to the gills with demos, home-recordings, live versions and unusual mixes, you'll find all of your favourites here, but often in wildly different guises.
- The song switched from some rowdy dance mix, to a very slow and achingly sweet song.
- This release sees the addition, not only of the rare mono mix but the tracks recorded for her first solo outing, with the band backing her.
- Yet another competition, this time in the form of a tribute to the tedium of the fully extended dance mix.
- Otherwise, all three of these sound mixes are identical to one another.
- Demos, mixes and live tracks are spread out across the four albums, which are packaged to look like the original vinyl releases.
- The clip is included among the feast of DVD extras, alternative mixes and live recordings that accompany this multimedia anniversary edition.
- The choice of track sequence and final mix was left to others.
- I've just heard a dance mix of it on the radio.
- These are two very different audio mixes (the older track fast and furious, the new one with a deliberate, pained vocal and wailing guitar).
- Sarah and Jay were dancing some sort of hip-hop/break dance/jazz mix.
- This is largely because dance mix albums have come to be seen as yet another means for DJs to squeeze cash out of hapless clubbers.
1(combine)(paint/ingredients) mezclar(plaster/amalgam) preparar(cocktail) prepararto mix one's drinks — mezclar las bebidas
- to mix sth in — añadir / incorporar algo
- to mix sth into sth — incorporar algo a algo
- to mix sth with sth — mezclar algo con algo
- mix together the flour and the eggs — mezclar la harina con los huevos
- I never mix business with pleasure — nunca mezclo los negocios con el placer
- mix and match — combinar
- to mix it with sb — meterse con algn
2(go together)(foods/colors) combinar (bien)
3(socially)she doesn't mix well at parties — le cuesta entablar conversación con la gente en una reunión
- to mix with sb — tratarse con algn
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.