In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Building mezcladora feminineBuilding hormigonera feminineCooking batidora feminine
- Transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer and, using the whisk attachment, whisk until thick and cool.
- Put away knives, the blender, mixer, toaster, food processor, and hot appliances when not in use.
- Make the vanilla sugar by whizzing a few tablespoons of sugar with the seeds of a vanilla pod in an electric mixer and sprinkle it generously over the chilled strawberries before eating.
- We also use top-quality electric mixers and stick blenders for our light mousses, sauces and purées.
- Combine the heavy cream and the confectioners' sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl and using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the cream until it holds soft peaks.
- Then beat the eggs and sugar together until thick and pale (four to five minutes in a food mixer; double by hand).
- DIY is the nation's favourite pastime, even ranking above drinking, and women can now wield a power tool better than they can a food mixer.
- Oh - and I want a food mixer of some sort, because creaming butter and sugar by hand is not a lot of fun.
- All small appliances such as food mixers and juicers can be permanently housed there, with messy, noisy work undertaken out of sight.
- In a large, chilled mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice and extracts until mixture mounds softly.
- For instance, families that bake and cook frequently need plenty of room for equipment such as food processors, mixers, and blenders.
- You need to have an electric mixer to use the method described, although it is also successful using the traditional method that begins with creaming the butter and sugar.
- Once everything is weighed out, most things take minutes to prepare - even less if you use food mixers.
- The mango parfait is made in minutes with the labour-saving help of an electric food mixer and a hand whisk.
- It was a time when pressure cookers, gas cookers and food mixers were making kitchen tasks easier, but refrigerators were still something of a novelty.
- The easiest way is using an electric food mixer with a whisk attachment.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a food mixer and beat for 5-10 minutes until thick and creamy, then slowly add the oil, beat together and add the remaining ingredients.
- Put the mascarpone and icing sugar in the bowl of a food mixer and beat smooth.
- In a food mixer (or with an electric hand-beater), cream the butter well then add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, with a wooden spoon, an electric mixer, or a food processor until the dough is smooth and satiny.
2Cinema Television Audiomasculine operador de sonidofeminine operadora de sonidofeminine mezcladora
- He was also on The Young Racers  as a sound mixer.
- Tonight it's just him with two turntables and a mixer for a taste of his DJ set.
- With Ted, we've bred a staff of really talented mixers who are technically astute with the format.
- Well, we recorded our first EP on an eight-channel mixer with one compressor and a couple of mics.
- If the DJ sets up near the console, the DJ mixer's outputs can be patched into channel line inputs.
- I like to keep it traditional with two turntables, a mixer, a microphone and just a whole bunch of records.
- Please see that the mixer and turntables are returned.
- Reality shows in general are incredibly demanding for location sound mixers.
- You may find that your voice sounds a bit higher, and maybe even a bit better than usual - Lee has set up the sound mixer to improve and enhance the quality of your voice.
- The independent film community was always looking for younger mixers, rather than people in their 40s or 50s.
- But I had to beg, borrow and steal, and call in every favor I had in terms of sound mixers and musicians.
- At 14 he started DJing with friends and swapped an Indian drum for a mixer.
- One thing that I never understand, though, is why the sound mixers on the set and their teams are rarely mentioned by name.
- You'll need to start with a mixer to get your signals together via the new and improved re-MIX.
- ‘Audio Mixing’ allows the viewer to get an idea of what it's like to be a sound mixer on a film.
- The region is populated with gifted producers, engineers, mixers, sound designers and other professionals.
- You therefore need a sound card that has digital inputs and outputs that are compatible with your mixer.
- Contrary to predominant opinion, this mixing is as much guided by spontaneous inspiration based on aural-reaction as it is the subjective will of the mixer.
- Your default mixer and audio devices should be automatically detected, so that part should already be filled in.
- Multichannel mixers provide a number of inputs whose signals can be combined and routed freely before being sent to the mixer outputs.
- Because the beats were relatively short, he developed a technique to extend them for longer periods of time by using an audio mixer and two identical records.
- Bombs explode, music swells, gunfire erupts the sound mixers sure put a lot of work into this track!
- For the more technically-minded people out there, there is also the chance to operate a camera, work the autocue or be a vision or sound mixer in a real-life studio setting.
- He does it with just three battered audio cassette players, a satellite receiver, a sound mixer, three microphones and a homemade transmitter that he operates in the pantry of a house.
- Audio hardware included mixers, speakers, and both omnidirectional and directional microphones; the sound setup required some care to avoid echo and ensure high fidelity.
- My first mixer was made for radio station use, and I was the only one who ever could get a sound out,’ he says.
- I took a job helping the sound mixer set up in a jazz club, where I met the director of a local cable-television show.
- The book details numerous design methods for highly linear circuits that help ensure optimal linearity in small-signal and high-power amplifiers and mixers.
- I repeated those few bars on the Sequencer and then simply rode the faders on the mixer so that all the various interplays showed up.
- The raw practice of DJing relies heavily on a slider integral to DJ mixers known as the cross-fader.
- I worked doing sound recording for a company and I had a sound mixer.
- The studio is designed to have an audio mixer, compact and mini-disc player.
3(sociable person)persona sociable feminineto be a good/bad mixer — ser muy/poco sociable
- They have to be brilliant mixers, able to work a room and control the mood of the crowd, and the best ones now travel the world earning the kind of money most of us can only dream of.
4US(dance)baile masculinefiesta feminine
- Tourists visit from all over the world to participate in the week's activities, which include concerts, parades, puppet shows, and social mixers that stir from dusk until dawn.
- There was, I felt, determination, but also awkwardness in the air - like it was the first mixer of the new school year.
- A mixer held in the auditorium lobby preceded the main event, between long tables loaded with promotional material and association hawkers.
- Surprisingly, Malak doesn't get invited to as many singles mixers as he'd like.
- It all started at a grade seven school mixer in 1985.
- The Club will hold its monthly social mixer on Tuesday 18 May from 7pm.in Zapata's.
- Andy accompanies a friend to a singles mixer, but it takes a panic attack to make him realize he's not yet ready for the dating world.
- This typically will give you access to the convention events and mixers.
- Quality cocktails are powerful and perfectly prepared but dozens of vodkas drunk either as shots or with mixers are equally potent and popular.
- Consider also preparing highballs with bottled mixers; they make crisper, cleaner tasting drinks.
- Tonight I shall drink several pints of wood alcohol with a refreshing mixer of Irn Bru!
- Vanilla, too, pairs naturally well with mixers that have vanilla tones of their own, including cream soda and cola.
- Drink spirits and mixers, or bottled concoctions, or shandy.
- If you have mixed drinks, use mixers that are sugar-free, such as diet soda, tonic water, club soda or seltzer.
- Over the years the product developed with a balance between pot still and continuous still spirits, although the resulting spirits was almost invariably used as a mixer, usually with cola.
- But they're taking it on their own terms, adding mixers instead of drinking it straight.
- The beverage side has the usual local beers around, or a bottle of imported whiskey for 850 baht, plus the normal soft drinks and mixers.
- Not counting the mixers, it came out to $5.60 a bottle.
- The menu is a perfect example of how using various flavored vodkas, liqueurs, fruit juices and mixers can open up a world of colorful and tasty profit opportunities.
- If you had something to mix it with, all would be roses, but there is not a mixer in the house.
- The distiller recommends only drinking the 180 proof poteen with mixers.
- The bar has a sliding storage drawer that can accommodate mixers, sodas or standard bus boxes.
- Alcoholic drinks, and the mixers used with them, often contain lots of sugar, increasing the risk of tooth decay.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.