In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trailer masculine Latin Americacaravana fija feminine Spaincasa rodante feminine Southern Cone Venezuela
- They lived in a mobile home, a double-wide trailer right next to a construction site of their dream home.
- The family has set up two caravans and a mobile home, installed plumbing and toilet facilities and erected a fence around the field.
- Campaigning residents have vowed to resist plans to convert a caravan park into a permanent base for mobile homes.
- Since this wind was coming from the west we just evacuated people in mobile homes and substandard housing to go to shelters.
- The blaze was so strong that it destroyed the mobile home and two caravans nearby.
- In California, huge mudslides destroyed seven trailers in a mobile home park.
- The latest inquiry focused on planning applications for mobile homes and caravans refused by the council last year.
- In fact, we were hunkered down with some folks in a nearby mobile home park.
- There are cases where you have a relatively young family in a three-bedroom terraced house, with one or two daughters living in mobile homes in the back garden.
- Residents of high-rise apartments and mobile homes are at greatest risk, but the allergen is also present in all types of homes.
- The boy, hand to his forehead to shield his eyes, scanned the mobile home park.
- Caravans or mobile homes will not be permitted for use as permanent dwellings.
- Ownership of the scheme is based on similar existing systems used by caravan and mobile home parks.
- And who is living in apartments versus houses, mobile homes or other structures?
- One of the last things that came in was the mobile home park you drove by.
- The mother's plan includes living in a mobile home in a trailer park with this man.
- The action took place in car parks, mobile homes, factories and basements.
- Decorating work is being carried out inside, with power for the lights run from a mobile home parked on the pub forecourt.
- She has been sleeping in the living area of the mobile home since February.
- Car holidays to Spain or France with accommodation in tents or mobile homes can be fun and good value.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.