In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gángster masculinemafioso masculinemafiosa feminine
- Players are Chicago era mobsters trying to make off with briefcases full of stolen loot.
- Up is down and black is white in this world of mobsters and molls.
- Thieves rob the Mafia, killing three mobsters and two cops in the process.
- And it has hauled a group of Mafia mobsters into the dock to testify.
- Not everyone who commits a crime while wearing a suit is a mobster.
- When they witness one of their colleagues being murdered by a local mobster, however, everything changes.
- In some way, you had to know he was a gangster, a killer, a mobster.
- Posing as mobsters, Customs agents bought the automatic rifles from the workers and later arrested the suspects.
- The same day of disaster and terror saw the gangland executions of seven mobsters in 1929.
- Nowadays it has mobsters and corrupt cops and grandsons of evil geniuses who tried to freeze the world.
- There wasn't a big difference between cops and mobsters, they did the same thing except one was always perceived as a hero and the other a monster.
- It's also one of the primary reasons the moviegoing public is fascinated with mobsters and movies about mobsters.
- Dealing with a mobster was like dealing with a terrorist, he had told himself.
- This had no effect at all on those violent mobsters, who continued merrily to have fun at the expense of innocent citizens.
- This is not, however, a story of organised crime (in spite of the cover picture of mobsters with machine guns).
- It's not the series' finest episode, but it's arguably the funniest, as the mobsters slowly lose touch with reality and civilization.
- It was full of guys who thought they were thugs, mobsters and junkies.
- Once darkness falls, the army cedes huge areas of the shanty towns to local gangs and mobsters.
- The 1970 law, which was originally created to prosecute mobsters, makes normal business a crime if it is part of an illegal conspiracy.
- The mobsters also ripped off two federally supervised funds that subsidize rural phone companies through another billing scam, they said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.