In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Many types of aircraft were replicated in mock-up form including Spitfires, Hurricanes, Wellingtons, Whitleys, and Havocs.
- The front was covered with decorations, including mock-ups of a throne and floral crown, window-sill models of Coronation regalia and the Royal coach, coloured lights and Royal portraits.
- It is packed with memorabilia, a replica of the Stanley Cup, a mock-up of a dressing room and various state-of-the art interactive exhibits.
- With full-size prototypes, mock-ups and models made with sample materials, tactility, texture, tone and technique are expressed.
- This wasn't just any ordinary old white van either, according to the police, who said it was so unusual that it took time to provide a mock-up model for last week's crime reconstruction at the bank.
- Develop storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- It has to be clear that the mock-up is for information purposes only, not to solicit comments for a redesign.
- Car firms can see and even ‘touch’ every detail of a new model before a mock-up is made.
- Visitors can also take a seat in the mock-up executive box, designed to help sell the various corporate packages.
- During the day-long course, all the participants will be ‘interviewed’ in a mock-up television studio and in an outside broadcast scenario.
- There will also be a mock-up trench used for visits by school children, along with huts in which to store finds, workers' huts and a toilet.
- Everything up until now has been done with simulators and mock-ups.
- There will also be a chance to tour a mock-up theatre and anaesthetic room, with a demonstration of equipment and surgical instruments.
- They were then ordered into the school youth club where a mock-up prison cell was waiting for them, while prison officer explained the devastating impact of being under lock and key.
- For rehearsal purposes, there is a mock-up of the stage in this room, but today, the floor is covered with a large circle of chairs.
- There had been plenty of images and mock-ups of the unit appearing on the Web, but what people really wanted was to see the unit in the flesh.
- One mock-up board showed 27 turbines, the other 21.
- The astronauts practice on simulators such as a mock-up of the space shuttle's crew compartment.
- This is why sketches and rough mock-ups are essential to any form of design.
- The design went through a number iterations, models and mock-ups prior to the system based on a simple cable tray.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.