1(in UK)mod feminine(group/clothes) (before noun) (invariable adjective) mod
- They are keeping this same spirit alive today, as have so many other garage, punk and mod bands for the past 40 years.
- Weekenders trace their roots to the mods and rockers' bank holiday rave-ups on the south coast in the Sixties.
- In the 1960s, he'd been the resident DJ at London's hippest mod club, The Scene.
- I think a lot of mod music is cool, but I prefer to be black belt
- This brand new quartet has a sweet spin on '60s pop that any self-respecting Britpop and mod fanatic should check out.
- By the late 60s many working-class mods had evolved into skinheads, and were listening to the music coming out of Jamaica at the time.
- The guitar and bass gave the sound real mod attitude, while the backing vocals added as much soul as the keyboards offered depth and quality to the experience.
- Even the new dress codes and hairstyles of rockers, mods, or hippies became suspect.
- Back in the Eighties, you were either a mod, a long-haired rocker or a football casual and if you were a particularly awkward teenager you were a goth.
- Before there were mods and before flower power or hippies, there were beatniks.
- He didn't have a scooter, but he bought a mod parka and - as was de rigueur at the time - sewed a fox's tail onto it.
- It was an era when official news bulletins were worrying themselves about mods and rockers, or the hallucinogenic drugs of the hippies.
- Definite '60s mod influence but nothing to intense and no retro feel.
- Men expect to see the return of the pointy-toe brogues with a thick leather sole, as well as the Chelsea boot to polish your mod style.
- After all, parents in earlier times were once scandalised by teddy boys and mods and hippies and punks.
- Sharp shooting 70s and mod era riffs were pelted out to introduce the raw indie/garage punk sounds.
- The clubs I have been involved in here are either funk or mod clubs.
- Gold's milieu, the laid-back '70s, saw things move away from the highly tailored mod look to unisex dressing inspired by the sexual revolution and feminism.
- No other clique can hold a candle to the mod fashionistas.
- His dapper mod dress code contradicts the sweaty confrontationalism he projects on stage (and just off - any open dancefloor space is by rights his as well).
- Ministry of Defence