In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1masculine mediomasculine modothe most common mode of transport — el medio de transporte más usado
- the novel was his preferred mode of expression — la novela era su medio de expresión preferido
- a different mode of life — un modo / estilo de vida diferente
- Selected for and shaped by evolution, language has, most importantly, led to a new mode of evolution.
- Different modes of travel created new requirements in luggage design.
- Another problem was how quickly the ‘primitives’ began to adopt European modes of dress, language, commerce, and social mores.
- In four distinct but related modes of expression, the types of behaviour examined in this essay illustrate the fundamental importance of the public/private ethical boundary.
- The majority of teaching staff are comfortable communicating in either language in all modes.
- Surgeons also need to decide the mode or manner in which laser energy is delivered.
- In this uncurtailed version we are able for the first time to experience the full impact of his mode of speech.
- He looked at the expeditions' objectives, countries of origin, leaders' experience, funding and modes of travel.
- They were obviously spending more time online than they had with me around, learning new languages and modes of thought.
- The symbols in this book range from those employed in processions or parades, to festivals such as Hallowe'en, to language, and to modes of dress.
- Indeed, an artist's skill may to some extent have consisted precisely in the mastery of a variety of pictorial modes and languages.
- From the point of view of a cognitive scientist, who looks at modes of thought, there are six basic types of progressives, each with a distinct mode of thought.
- The scrapped scheme, which entitled eligible residents to travel on numerous modes of transport, was replaced last year by a statutory half-fare bus pass.
- Figures also showed that 72 per cent of commuters outside London used cars to get to work, with buses the preferred mode of travel for two-thirds of those using public transport.
- When did we no longer appreciate that to dignify certain modes of behavior, manners, and ways of being with artistic representation was implicitly to glorify and promote them?
- Through ways of dancing, ways of looking, modes and topics of speech, the body is marked by the boundary and signifies boundary violation.
- The mode of experience I employ here is no different than that of an atheist scholar.
- Anticipatory fear has two distinct modes: anxiety, a preoccupation with an impending threat, and worry, the internal struggle to find a way to escape the danger.
- For hundreds of years, composers have argued over what's the best way to represent music on the page, and many have experimented with weird new modes of notation.
- Our results show that these four translation proteins have experienced different modes of evolution.
(operating method)modalidad femininemodo masculine
- While the temptation may be there to force the camera into an editorial mode, they allow the characters to carry the story.
- When it was in automatic mode you didn't notice the gear changes.
- Passive mode locking allows the device to produce near transform-limited pulses and to be compact and simple.
- Much of the work would be using the camera in Manual mode and demonstrating the different effects that the photographer can produce.
- In manual mode, drivers can go up or down gears without depressing the clutch.
- It allows these applications to run, without recompilation, under a 64-bit operating system in long mode.
- I play around in manual mode, looking for the perfect combination of composition, shutter speed, and aperture.
- This time our bugbear is the switch that allows you to alternate between playback, camera, movie modes.
- Pulsed mode allows a short cooling period between pulses and does not create as much unanticipated thermal spread and subsequent tissue destruction.
- The best part of the surprise was that not only had I taken these photographs on my own, but I also had taken them with the camera in manual mode.
- It also looks like they have really thought about the ergonomics of this camera, controls are much more logical and changing modes and options is much easier.
- Various extra little windows make specific options and view modes readily available.
- The machine has three modes of operation: automatic, semi-automatic and interactive.
- There was one instance when the system was switched to manual mode due to a jammed ticket, and left in manual mode in error.
- Random mode allows you to set up a course of fire and then just let it run.
- In addition to the control, the web pages display information about network settings, operating mode and system status.
- Virtually any UNIX or Linux system will compile SISAL code in single processor mode.
- The slow shutter is very useful under low lighting conditions, while the macro mode allows you to capture an image as close as 10 cm to 60 cm away.
- Now put the camera in manual mode and fix the shutter at 1 / 125th and the aperture at f11.
- In a home environment, where there are no network servers, Wi-Fi Protected Access runs in a special mode, which allows the use of manually entered keys or passwords instead.
- Software interrupts are interrupts produced by a program and processed in kernel mode by the operating system.
- Most good printers have a standby mode that allows them to sleep and save energy when not actually printing.
- Major modes redefine how keystrokes operate, usually the Tab and Delete keys.
- It can also operate in a silent mode, alerting security personnel with a flashing light.
- The unit can also be set to an autocycle mode, which allows the machine to be set in tenth-of-a-second increments up to 5 seconds for automatic cycling.
3Philosophy Linguistics Musicmodo masculine
4Clothingmoda femininebright reds are all the mode — los rojos brillantes están muy de moda
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.