In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With computers, modems, e-mails and Web sites, the world has become smaller, which allows you to tell more people who you are and what you do.
- Since all of Taiwan is wired for telephone use, anyone with a modem and computer can get on the Internet.
- This suggests the spammers are using Internet connections at work or connecting modems to worklace telephone lines.
- High voltages can enter your computer through the phone line connected to the modem.
- Another device that is very handy is a voice modem with telephone recording software.
- These reports expanded the analysis to include not only computers and modems but also Internet connectivity.
- Many of these devices can access wireless networks or use the cell signal as a modem line.
- Computers that don't share a local network talk to each other through telephone lines using modems.
- In addition, four USB ports are available for connection to a variety of peripheral devices such as printers, modems or external storage devices.
- Telephone lines are tapped, and fax machines, modems, computers and satellite dishes have to be registered with the government.
- Unfortunately, it doesn't take an awful lot of voltage to punch holes in the delicate electronics we're using in our modems and computers.
- The modem decodes the analog data signal and converts it to a digital signal.
- So it supplemented the existing database on telephones with a profile of computers and modems.
- As prices drop and adoption increases, all computers will include ADSL modems.
- The receiving modem translates the analog signals back to digital form.
- With a network server there is no need for separate modems and telephone lines.
- For example: a modem driver allows the modem inside your computer work with Windows.
- Should you go for a modem for one computer or a router to share the connection between more than one?
- An army of teleworkers has sprung up, equipped with computers, modems and ISDN lines, and ready to do business.
- It was only when the price of a modem dropped below $35 that PC manufacturers decided to bundle modems into all new computers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.