In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(machinery/ideas/art/man) modernomodern literature — literatura moderna / contemporánea feminine
- Innovation in art is not a new phenomenon - we have seen paintings evolve through the ages from traditional to modern art.
- Contemporary sculptors often blend traditional styles with more modern ones.
- All the groupings and distinctions of modern feminism were present then.
- Before then, I though that our modern society had moved past such things but, sadly, it has not.
- Even with modern technology and equipment, the threat of death is very real.
- The dizzying advances of modern technology have destroyed these assumptions.
- The comment remains true of periods of the much more recent past, including Australian social history of the modern period.
- Far from exclusively singling out the Nazi regime, the modern age is presented as singularly tyrannical and repressive.
- This lost generation is perhaps the most unempowered generation in modern Bahamian history.
- With modern technology and equipment, it is hoped that Chinese scientists develop new drugs with patents.
- They need a break, which modern technology and management techniques can bring about.
- Any form of electoral fraud is a criminal offence so safeguards are needed, and as modern technology progresses, it's now a barcode.
- He worked in a variety of styles, often parodying modes of both traditional and modern painting.
- This legislation takes account of modern techniques and advances in technology over the last few years.
- Suddenly you are aware of all the terrible dangers this modern world presents to the barely-walking.
- The roof has been repaired and modern kitchen equipment installed.
- Be happy to move with the times - be more modern and embrace more modern equipment and technology.
- Many churches built today combine traditional and modern architectural styles.
- In this way, she presents a refreshing alternative to official and political histories of modern India.
- Let us turn to the experience of rear services support in military events that took place both in the past and in modern Russia.
- Over the past decades, modern encroachments and thoughtless building have marred the historic fabric of the city.
- While both guns celebrate the past, each one brings modern techniques and ideas into play.
- But its range is far wider, and it includes a very significant section devoted to modern and contemporary art.
- Two modern women present a spirited interpretation of a Chinese folk tale
- The play takes the audience through a remarkable journey from past to modern South Africa by means of dance and song.
- It was an interesting display of modern equipment and technology.
- It is humbling to remember that the two lives saved that day weren't due to fancy new techniques or expensive modern technology.
- It will include a library and staff room and have modern information technology equipment, as well as provision for a wildlife area.
- One is that while modern ideas and technology have helped get us into this mess, we will still need them to get us out.
- He called on architects to combine traditional Chinese styles with modern trends.
- A walk down Tokyo's main thoroughfares presents the modern observer with conflicting pictures.
- A book that's not bad in context that would fall flat presented in modern terms.
- Rapid advances in modern technology are bringing the physical merger of man and machine closer to reality.
- The fusion of old-fashioned values and modern architecture?
- He has chosen nine areas of research to present his analysis of modern Japan.
- Traditional and modern art performances are put on during holidays and the Muslim post-fasting festivities.
- Without modern technology and test equipment, they came pretty close to the answers that pilots ask every day.
- It would be unusual for a modern historian simply to present a vignette such as the one above, and to say nothing more.
- He didn't know why, but it seemed like trust was becoming a thing of the past in the modern world of people today.
- It works well with black-and-white photography and abstract and modern art.
- Interestingly the exhibitions link past and present with some modern artefacts and photos on display.
- Manchester is a hotbed of modern architecture and art.
- He also has some pen drawings displayed, which are a mix of traditional and modern styles.
- He draws attention to survivals of shamanistic cults from early modern times to the present.
- Degas was an artist torn between traditional art and the modern impressionist movement.
- The modernist belief that modern art should repudiate the past has been jettisoned.
- One is the setting up of a nationalised digital library with modern equipment, which could be accessed by people from all walks of life.
- I can't imagine for a moment that these sports schools would possess modern technical equipment.
- Give troops the very best training and most modern weapons and equipment.
- The small fields we see around us, which tourists come to look at, are not helpful when it comes to modern equipment and cultivation techniques.
- Some are remote from modern civilisation, others survive cheek by jowl with spreading towns and motorways.
- But none of them as a centre for Indian contemporary art or modern architecture.
- She visited the exhibition daily, and it was there that she gained her first broad introduction to modern art.
- The modern equipment makes it possible to find out the frequency of a word in a database of any large number, say 10 million words.
- He was respected as one of the first art historians to apply the apparatus of traditional scholarship to modern art.
- The grey bridges stood silently above the rivers, with the rubbish of modern life floating past occasionally.
- It was a marriage of innovation and imagination that brought to life a blend of traditional and modern art.
- Hardly anything in modern art is more familiar than a Modigliani painting.
- The exhibition of the year brings together major masterpieces by the two giants of modern art, Henri Matisse and Pablo Picasso.
- Before the modern period, the art of the grotesque was often placed in a religious context.
1moderno masculinemoderna feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.