In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1modificación feminineto make modifications to sth — hacerle modificaciones a algo
- with slight modification(s) — con ligeras modificaciones
- At least then it would be possible to get some feedback from the people who are to use it, allowing for any modifications.
- There are also modifications for people doing the workout surreptitiously at their desks.
- Well, we have seen a few changes, a few modifications, and a few updates, since that time.
- He said this would likely lead to a lengthy closure and possibly design modifications.
- The many modifications and innovations required had to be developed and refined through experience.
- This system is based on the one I have at work, with the modifications that I wanted.
- The machinery at the plant needs just a few modifications to process passion fruit.
- The prototype proved successful and further modifications were made to improve it.
- So I'm quite comfortable writing for those audiences, with slight modifications.
- He stressed that the scheme was a trial, and modifications could be made.
- It goes without saying that certain modifications will have to be made to the shape to make it more practical.
- It can be used immediately in any diesel vehicle with no modifications or impact on warranties.
- Under the changes, a fee will also be charged for modifications to properties where covenants still apply.
- The Contractor shall make such adjustments and modifications which he proposes to make.
- Whether this exercise will now lead to modifications or legal changes is most unlikely.
- But it also said the family's boat had modifications on its hull that reduced its buoyancy.
- Many had spent thousands of pounds on their vehicles, and showed officers their modifications.
- The renovation is extensive involving a new floor and modifications to the roof.
- The modifications being tried out will fetch millions of pounds more.
- Engine modifications have been carried out to prevent similar accidents.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.