In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(design/furniture) modular(furniture/design) a base de módulos(course/degree) dividido en módulosComputing modular
- Some assembly required: is modular construction an answer to the affordable housing problem?
- The trend towards course work and modular exams certainly helps girls.
- And this occurred just after we had returned to teaching separate science GCSEs, after spending a considerable number of years teaching a modular combined science course.
- The courses have become more modular, with more emphasis on coursework and continuous assessment, and less on exams at the end of two years.
- In the course of doing this, it has transformed itself into one of Britain's leading experts on designing, costing, project managing and financing modular construction.
- In the picture you can see one section of a modular design.
- The college has an open learning environment helped by the modular structure of its courses.
- These tend to be offered as an option on modular courses and generally provide an academic introduction rather than specific clinical skills.
- The department had sought suggestions from the teacher-training colleges for a modular course to enable the estimated 280 primary teachers without qualifications to qualify properly.
- The Army's shift to modular units drives its training strategy to include a joint context in key training events so Army formations can rapidly contribute to the joint team.
- To create your own custom run of cabinets, simply combine two or more modular cabinets in the appropriate sizes.
- It is one of those new modular units where you only plug in the power cables you need to use.
- He told the conference that a pupil taking nine GCSEs, in their modular form, could take 85 exams between the ages of 14 and 19.
- We have a triple-wide modular unit that we are going to build up on and put a deck on.
- Equipped with low level perch seats to discourage beggars and stray animals from cuddling down, the shelters employ modular construction for fast assembling.
- The helicopter is of modular design and aluminium and composites construction.
- As another example, consider the design requirements of modular playground equipment.
- The courses are designed to be modular and scalable, so that teaching assistants and adjuncts can be slotted into courses as required.
- Instead of one big final exam, the teenagers are being tested from the moment they start their sixth form career with modular exams at the end of each term.
- The modular accommodation offered was designed to meet urgent needs, not to alleviate all the problems.
- Each of the 11 modular courses is presented from an integrated perspective by a multi-disciplinary team of course leaders.
- We know the course will be modular, what the modules are and how long each is.
- At its sprawling embassy compound, reopened after thirteen years, modular housing units are being installed to accommodate its growing staff.
- Because of their modular construction these are easily replaced, enabling quick refurbishment and turn round.
- Despite the potential savings, modular construction remains on the periphery of mainstream housing.
- The International Space Station requires far more specialized modular construction than any previous spacecraft.
- The machine is based on a series of modular units so that it can be set up to meet production requirements - and reconfigured to handle part changes.
- The vehicle is of modular construction which allows it to be fully air transportable on an A400M aircraft.
- We also kickstart corporate self-learners, providing high-quality, hands-on, modular courses.
- After researching all aspects of the prefabricated housing business, they decided to focus on modular designs.
- Students have found this reference invaluable in pharmaceutical practice and for courses in herbal drugs, nutritional supplement therapies and the ten modular courses in our curriculum.
- A series of modular pieces tends to create a more relaxed style, where function and form combine informally.
- Seminaries offer evening classes, weekend modular courses and occasional meetings in smaller cohorts in church basements.
- The nature of the modular course means students only go on to the second year if they think they have a good chance of succeeding.
- I found it really hard to get my head round modular exams, suddenly you don't go to period 3, you have an exam, then you go right on the period 4!
- On this note, it might have been beneficial to include a few of the artist's recent modular, design-oriented constructions of wood and paint.
- And modular construction, by being built in a factory with assembly-line workers, really helps partly solve the shortage of skilled labor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.