In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(separate unit)módulo masculinecommand/service/lunar module — módulo de mando/de servicio/lunar
- teaching module — unidad
- To obtain a soft colour for the roof, yet use a steel resistant to salt, the steel was bought in flat sheets and rolled to a designed profile in accord with the building module.
- The Army has no mandated size of unit building blocks; module size will vary within each functional category.
- At the same time, plastics developers are targeting structural components like front end modules and other mainstays of stamped steel like seat frames.
- It relied on suppliers to design, develop and assemble vehicle components into modules, which would be shipped to the main plant for final assembly.
- The module contains 1,000 minute electrodes which will create 1,000 ‘points of light’.
- Cutting away the front of the frame to install the module weakens the overall structure of the grip-frame.
- A closer look at many new buildings reveal they are equipped with various kinds of solar electric modules collecting solar power for water heating and electricity.
- Last year, it won a contract to supply the builder with 150 modules containing finished bathrooms and utility rooms for use in an apartment development in Cork.
- Ballistic protection is provided by special armour modules, which are attached to the tank by bolts.
- Our main products are light sources and modules that enable plastic optical fibre to be used for high bandwidth, low-cost links with large data capacity.
- In the final stages here we would do two steps: we will test the module and label it according to its specified power, then we will put a frame around it, box it, and put it out in the warehouse.
- The largest engineering center is in Graz where 1200 engineers are developing components, systems, modules and complete vehicles.
- The test aircraft will have six laser modules, and the production version will have 14.
- In those plants, assembly areas will have the same footprint containing standardized modules built from a select group of common components.
- The 1,750 sq ft bungalow is made up of three buildings connected by modules that act as light wells and avoid claustrophobic corridors.
- Ahead of him, Marc was wading up the tunnel fearlessly, following the light modules on the tunnel wall.
- We ship our standard product with our standard modules for automotive.
- Standard lamp modules and appliance modules have full access to house current since they are plugged directly into a power outlet.
- These systems will comprise a library of component device modules and proprietary modular components.
- Where the station rested in space a minute ago was now an incomplete framework of solar panels and pieces of modules, tubing, and railings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.