In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1modus operandi masculine formalprocedimiento masculine
- That's not my usual modus operandi, but maybe I can make an exception.
- However some have managed to discern a modus operandi, which could be considered clever if it were not so over-used.
- This is also the standard modus operandi of academic or conventional economics.
- It's almost like the signature, the modus operandi, of a disinformation campaign.
- Sadly, this approach or concept has never been part of the modus operandi of the Leader of the Opposition.
- To be fair, we only have his side of the story, but I'm inherently distrusting of the police and it does fit completely with their usual modus operandi.
- In tune with the usual modus operandi of the industry, the audio was released on Wednesday and people struggled to find parking place.
- The usual modus operandi was that robbers identified isolated residential localities and targeted lonely women.
- The normal modus operandi is incremental adjustment focused on solving specific policy problems or political issues.
- For just as he acted according to the modus operandi that has characterised his government, so did the opposition.
- I think that the congresswoman suggests a modus operandi, which is unfortunate.
- The modus operandi was to trap leopards near human settlements and release them deep inside a forest, away from people.
- The modus operandi in most of the cases has been remarkably similar in its old-school simplicity.
- The modus operandi used by genre critics is still connected with means of definition and categorization.
- His modus operandi is to trace cause and effect.
- The Journal's modus operandi included slander and character assassination.
- It was the usual modus operandi - improvise, make do, and make it work.
- In both cases naming and blaming is the modus operandi.
- Our modus operandi is to not spend too long in one place.
- The modus operandi of the protesters is that they spot something on TV they think they can hype into an object of protest.
- One possible reason for the different functions encoded by R genes is the different modus operandi employed by different pathogen species.
- Its modus operandi is thus quite unconnected with that of the Pill, where overall blood serum levels are raised.
- The modus operandi in Africa shows how professional the execution of their plan was.
- Their modus operandi was to approach candidates ahead of the examination with the promise of showing them the paper in advance.
- This is the modus operandi of our stone-age politicians of the Opposition.
- The modus operandi of this procedure went like this.
- Industry observers have noticed a not-so-subtle shift in the modus operandi of the multi-nationals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.