In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1muela femininemolar masculine formal
- The molars' purpose is to grind food, and the incisors and canine teeth are used to bite into and tear food.
- My teeth are as white as the moon, an orderly upper and lower row of molars and incisors with long, sharp fangs, on both the top and the bottom.
- At eighteen months, Monica has just this week cut two of her three emerging molars, which had been bulging and sore for weeks.
- Use a piece of unflavored, unwaxed dental floss and floss between your upper and lower back molars.
- In contrast to man, apes tend to have large incisor and canine teeth which are relatively larger than their molars.
- For years, our Scandinavian cousins put us to shame with their gleaming molars and incisors.
- The teeth most often missing are the third molars, second premolars, and maxillary lateral incisors, and other teeth may be reduced in size.
- Three weeks after birth, pigs have their first deciduous molars in occlusion and show large and often clumsy jaw movements.
- This wasn't entirely unexpected; she's cutting molars and we often have a few nights with some stirring when that's going on.
- The medical name for wisdom teeth is the third molars.
- Gum disease can affect the first and second molars and the bone surrounding the tooth, as well as the impacted wisdom tooth.
- Each half of a manatee's jaw has five to eight molars which, unusually, are continuously replaced throughout its life.
- He's got a tooth, one of his molars, that's causing him a lot of pain and will probably need to be removed.
- The location of early caries is found most often in children's maxillary incisors and first molars.
- An examination of the mouth revealed molars that had broken off at the gum line.
- Year nine pupils are letting dentists examine their molars as part of a national review aimed at improving the nation's gnashers.
- The molars are stationary, that is, they don't show pattern of forward movement with aging that is seen in macropodids.
- They may still require assistance in brushing their teeth - especially the back molars.
- All animals in this order lack incisor and canine teeth, but they may have numerous simple molars in the backs of their jaws.
- The first permanent molars stabilize the dental arch and have a great deal to do with the ultimate shape of the jaw and orderly arrangement of teeth.
- Anaesthesia commences when any chemically indifferent substance has achieved a certain molar concentration in the lipoids of the cell.
- We carried out MD simulations for six different halothane/lipid molar concentrations ranging from 0: 512 to 512: 512.
- The section on the interconversion of molal and molar solutions needs to be reworded.
- Uncharged polar and even ionic dyes with substantial molar weights have often been used to trace apoplastic water movement.
- In this case a solution that was 0.9 molar in trehalose and sucrose was examined for a sample at known spacing as described for water.
- Both are acceptable in SI, but mg/l is a mass unit and mol/l a molar unit.
- The enthalpy change that occurs during the complete combustion of one mole of a substance is called the molar heat of combustion, symbolized H c o.
- Another substantial advantage is that volume fractions and molar concentrations are easily interconvertible, making comparison with experimental papers easier.
- An example of this would be describing a solution as a 1 molar solution, or saying it had a strength of 1 M.
- Tests demonstrate that the amount of available zinc is much higher in an herbal preparation than in an equal molar amount of zinc sulfate, and the clinical effects are noticeably greater.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.