1electrónica molecular feminine
- They plan to study the structure of molecular layers sandwiched between two conducting surfaces, a configuration directly relevant to molecular electronics.
- A key challenge in molecular electronics is making electrical contacts to the fragile molecules, chemical chains that are easily damaged.
- The Dutch team that crafted the world's first functioning transistor from a single carbon nanotube in 1998 has taken another major step in molecular electronics.
- However, recent breakthroughs in molecular electronics have been announced that will extend or even accelerate density doubling well into the mid-21st century.
- ‘Although many classes of molecules can be used for molecular electronics, only a small percentage of these have been assessed so far,’ Flood said.