In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sexually)abusar (sexualmente) de
- The cop had lost his job after being accused of sexually molesting a three-year-old boy.
- I don't think it takes a psychologist to know that a man who molests children or rapes women is not well.
- The parents of a teenage girl, who was sexually molested by a taxi driver in his cab, are planning to sue Bradford Council.
- We know he abused and sexually molested children.
- Her mother's lover tries to molest her, her cousin tries to seduce her, and she briefly marries an older man who virtually imprisons her out of jealousy.
- I know you didn't molest him - we'll plead innocent to that - but you did kidnap him.
- Your child will need medical care if he has been sexually molested or physically injured.
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children say one in five girls and one in 10 boys are sexually molested.
- The victim then told how the attacker molested her while asking her questions.
- We know that he was molesting him for almost a year at that point.
- The singer has now been formally charged with sexually molesting a child after giving him alcohol.
- In a society where women are sexually molested on a regular basis, some norms for protection become inevitable.
- The man went on to explain that he had been molesting children, boys and girls, of all ages.
- He was convicted of molesting his girlfriend's daughters.
- My flat-out belief, based on experience and the research is that every man who molests a child or sexually assaults an adult woman should be sent to prison, no question about it.
- A private hire driver who sexually molested a teenage girl in his cab has been jailed for three years.
- Before long, Arenas was imprisoned on false charges of molesting a child.
- Jordan was paid a reputed $20 million pay-off in 1994 after claiming the singer molested him.
- A doctor accused of molesting a patient walked free from court after it emerged she had a history of making sex allegations.
- Their research revealed that he had been convicted in Grahamstown nine years earlier on six counts of sexually molesting young boys.
- But he was not molested by either Vichy or the Gestapo.
- The army was warned not to molest the citizens in any manner, and the commanders were cautioned exercise maximum vigilance to this end.
- How dare you molest this young lady with your obscene and suggestive insinuations?
- In this respect I cannot but feel sorry for anyone who hates or molests any person purely on account of nationality.
- Above 125th Street in Harlem, people stare but no one molests you.
- I hereby apply to have the said demand set aside and to stop the Defendant and their agent and solicitor from harassing and molesting me.
- Hoodlums also come at night to loot and molest the few people who have the courage to stay.
- He said under parliamentary law, it was a breach of privilege and contempt of either House to obstruct, insult or molest a member while in the execution of his duties.
- If anyone should try to molest him or thieve from him, the dogs were there on hand to attack them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.