In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sexually)abusar (sexualmente) de
- A doctor accused of molesting a patient walked free from court after it emerged she had a history of making sex allegations.
- Their research revealed that he had been convicted in Grahamstown nine years earlier on six counts of sexually molesting young boys.
- Before long, Arenas was imprisoned on false charges of molesting a child.
- I know you didn't molest him - we'll plead innocent to that - but you did kidnap him.
- The victim then told how the attacker molested her while asking her questions.
- Her mother's lover tries to molest her, her cousin tries to seduce her, and she briefly marries an older man who virtually imprisons her out of jealousy.
- I don't think it takes a psychologist to know that a man who molests children or rapes women is not well.
- The singer has now been formally charged with sexually molesting a child after giving him alcohol.
- We know he abused and sexually molested children.
- A private hire driver who sexually molested a teenage girl in his cab has been jailed for three years.
- Jordan was paid a reputed $20 million pay-off in 1994 after claiming the singer molested him.
- The man went on to explain that he had been molesting children, boys and girls, of all ages.
- We know that he was molesting him for almost a year at that point.
- The cop had lost his job after being accused of sexually molesting a three-year-old boy.
- He was convicted of molesting his girlfriend's daughters.
- In a society where women are sexually molested on a regular basis, some norms for protection become inevitable.
- The parents of a teenage girl, who was sexually molested by a taxi driver in his cab, are planning to sue Bradford Council.
- My flat-out belief, based on experience and the research is that every man who molests a child or sexually assaults an adult woman should be sent to prison, no question about it.
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children say one in five girls and one in 10 boys are sexually molested.
- Your child will need medical care if he has been sexually molested or physically injured.
- The army was warned not to molest the citizens in any manner, and the commanders were cautioned exercise maximum vigilance to this end.
- In this respect I cannot but feel sorry for anyone who hates or molests any person purely on account of nationality.
- He said under parliamentary law, it was a breach of privilege and contempt of either House to obstruct, insult or molest a member while in the execution of his duties.
- Hoodlums also come at night to loot and molest the few people who have the courage to stay.
- But he was not molested by either Vichy or the Gestapo.
- If anyone should try to molest him or thieve from him, the dogs were there on hand to attack them.
- How dare you molest this young lady with your obscene and suggestive insinuations?
- I hereby apply to have the said demand set aside and to stop the Defendant and their agent and solicitor from harassing and molesting me.
- Above 125th Street in Harlem, people stare but no one molests you.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.