In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, the uprating is perhaps more significant than its monetary value might suggest.
- Meanwhile, we now know more about this academic, monetary economist than we did a short while ago.
- Growth of the monetary base is thus limited to the inflow of foreign currency.
- It is probably best described as the exercising of monetary policy, but not via low interest rates.
- Sadly, most of London seems to have got wise to the value, monetary or otherwise, of gems such as these.
- It is therefore essential that the two monetary systems should be mutually independent.
- The governor is the steward of the monetary principles and economics of the country.
- Various economists were critical about monetary union for basically two reasons.
- Economic and monetary union is certain to have major consequences for competition policy.
- Dr Klaus claims he is helping people not for monetary gain but because he wants to.
- The company wants an injunction and is currently investigating monetary damages.
- This makes it very clear that this industry plays a major role in monetary terms.
- The launch of the euro as legal tender marks the completion of monetary union.
- Things acquire monetary value on the basis of their prestige, not the other way around.
- It's easy to be depressed when you look around and see the state of monetary affairs.
- The remarkable thing is how little attention in the West this fiscal and monetary policy has received.
- GNP is a monetary measure of the total value of output of a country in any time-period.
- It seems as if they have never heard anything about the monetary theory of the trade cycle.
- You probably find the fact that there is a monetary value to your work rather distasteful.
- Yet this is a problem for that firm, not a problem with the monetary system as a whole.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.