In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- You probably find the fact that there is a monetary value to your work rather distasteful.
- It's easy to be depressed when you look around and see the state of monetary affairs.
- Sadly, most of London seems to have got wise to the value, monetary or otherwise, of gems such as these.
- GNP is a monetary measure of the total value of output of a country in any time-period.
- The launch of the euro as legal tender marks the completion of monetary union.
- Growth of the monetary base is thus limited to the inflow of foreign currency.
- Meanwhile, we now know more about this academic, monetary economist than we did a short while ago.
- Economic and monetary union is certain to have major consequences for competition policy.
- Various economists were critical about monetary union for basically two reasons.
- It is probably best described as the exercising of monetary policy, but not via low interest rates.
- However, the uprating is perhaps more significant than its monetary value might suggest.
- It is therefore essential that the two monetary systems should be mutually independent.
- It seems as if they have never heard anything about the monetary theory of the trade cycle.
- The company wants an injunction and is currently investigating monetary damages.
- Things acquire monetary value on the basis of their prestige, not the other way around.
- The remarkable thing is how little attention in the West this fiscal and monetary policy has received.
- Yet this is a problem for that firm, not a problem with the monetary system as a whole.
- The governor is the steward of the monetary principles and economics of the country.
- This makes it very clear that this industry plays a major role in monetary terms.
- Dr Klaus claims he is helping people not for monetary gain but because he wants to.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.