In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Moneymaking ventures were envisioned through different types of agriculture, office developments, and an inn.
- Trafficking in human beings is now the third largest illegal moneymaking venture in the world after illegal weapons and drugs trafficking.
- We quickly turned our attention to almost any moneymaking scheme we could cook up.
- The product offered is merely the excuse to legitimize the real and probably illegal moneymaking scam.
- Sadly though, not all blackjack mistakes merely reduce your profit on a moneymaking hand.
- Numerous moneymaking schemes rely on pyramids: the recruitment of spiralling numbers of people in order to throw more money into the mix.
- Plus this would make for a real moneymaking tourist destination, with people scrambling to buy t-shirts and cigarettes.
- To keep his moneymaking park clean and crime-free, Zach invested in trash cans and surveillance cameras - and promptly laid off his entire crew of janitors and security guards.
- The fact of the matter is, no company makes a lot of moneymaking hybrid vehicles and it's also a small part of the market.
- The moneymaking machine springs to life like the monster it is.
- We two women were able to enlist the whole Northwest in a great philanthropic, moneymaking enterprise.
- It was supposed to be a moneymaking business, but instead it became a nonprofit venture, looking to expand around the country.
- Much of it is pirated, to be sure, but a significant portion of it - videogame highlights, say - was never intended to be moneymaking in the first place.
- And of course, practice makes the job perfect and moneymaking.
- Unfortunately, most of his moneymaking schemes tended to fail.
- The playoffs are a moneymaking bonus for the teams and the players (contracts cover only the regular season), an important consideration in today's fiscally tight atmosphere.
- Fitzgerald stopped doing this, as he wanted to work on his novels to write moneymaking popular fiction for the rest of his life.
- The defence tried to show the mother was behind several moneymaking schemes and angrily rejected people who sought to give her anything but cash.
- When I was 13, the majority of my once-a-week religion class "friends" looked at confirmation as the best moneymaking venture they were ever forced to embark upon.
- Meanwhile, the only two truly old-fashioned moneymaking newspapers in the city are trying to create the opposite illusion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.