In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1giro postal masculine
- Mike made arrangements to send a money order from the local convenience store, and two days later, he mailed it away, along with eighty dollars in cash.
- The next morning, she went to the post office and sent a postal money order for the full amount of the cash she had to the name and address her husband had given her.
- At most drug-sale sites, anyone can make a purchase with cash, a money order, or a credit card.
- A few hours later the guy called back and told Rainman he'd received the money order yesterday.
- Once the money order is sent to the head office or the local branch, the books are despatched in a gift packet.
- It is very important that you write the transit number on your cheque or money order.
- US customers should use an international money order.
- Before we agreed to take a break, I slipped his landlord a money order to pay his rent without him knowing because I knew he was in a financial bind and could really use it.
- Typically we have paid them out through post offices and we send a postal money order to a post office.
- They haven't even received the money order yet.
- The post office is closed by now, so we can go tomorrow to buy the money order so you can mail it in, she told him.
- If you do get caught up in this situation, take your money order to a post office rather than a bank.
- She walked to the post office, where she bought a money order, and mailed the letter.
- I used a money order to pay off my credit card bill.
- Don't take any bidding action that requires you to pay through Western Union, a money order, or a wire transfer.
- The plaintiff was advised that he would be required to make a payment of $6,000 and was instructed to bring a money order in that amount with him.
- Pay by certified cheque or money order, not cash.
- You can fill in the form on page 2, and mail it with your cheque or money order for $17.42, and we'll send you a copy of the book.
- They can cash payroll checks for just $3, transfer money to Mexico for $9.46, and buy a money order for 46 cents.
- A few minutes later, a postman brought a money order, a princely sum remitted by a devotee.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.