In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the money supply — la masa monetaria
- More growth means lower inflation because it absorbs the money supply, and a stronger dollar.
- The money supply is strong, and businesses as well as families are reliquefying their balance sheets.
- If a contraction of the money supply sets in, household incomes will decline and it will be impossible to pay back these liabilities.
- The increase in the domestic money supply would raise demand and increase domestic inflation.
- The money supply did decline in the first years of the depression, but this was not because of the Fed's actions but rather in spite of them.
- He favored a system in which the government would control the money supply directly rather than through a central bank.
- No matter what the authorities do to stimulate growth in the money supply, the banks just sit idle, too scared to do their bit.
- If increased, then it reduces the total loanable funds and money supply.
- But increasing money prices are unavoidable when the money supply is subject to relentless growth.
- Did poor control over the money supply lead to excessive monetary growth?
- They raise interest rates and tighten the money supply to combat inflation.
- Money market fund asset growth and the money supply have both slowed markedly.
- What are the implications of a rising money supply on overall growth rates in China?
- Even in these highly simplified models the control of the money supply is not simple.
- By buying euros the central banks are taking them out of circulation and squeezing the money supply.
- The least important were the unemployment rate, inflation, the money supply and the GDP growth rate.
- A second lesson is that the money supply or the exchange rate make poor targets for monetary policy.
- Of course, increasing the money supply too fast for too long would eventually create inflation.
- Despite the Fed's interest rate cuts, as of January, the money supply has barely grown.
- He delivered a thorough analysis of the redistribution effects that go hand in hand with changes in the money supply.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.