In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But the existence of the Mongolian language still kept me aware of the uniqueness of this nationality.
- Then the Soviet Union collapsed and its market for Mongolian goods disappeared.
- The Kalmyks, as the republic's residents are known, were once Mongolian nomads who lived and practiced their faith on the Central Asian steppe.
- Leeds Council chiefs are officially launching the event at the Town Hall today with an exhibition of Mongolian dancing and singing.
- She, too, is Mongolian but she went to school in China.
- We plan to use Mongolian language to shoot the movie.
- There is a marvellous scene in which Mongolian musicians play and sing to the mother camel in an attempt to improve her mood, leading to an uplifting ending.
- Cultural centers and libraries promote the Mongolian language and cultural productions in cities, towns, and even in the pastoral areas.
- They have a network of buyers who purchase directly from Mongolian farmers and secure the cream of the crop.
- As if perfectly orchestrated, the moon rose between two distant hills, framing the silhouettes of three Mongolian horsemen galloping across the steppes to ignite the huge bonfire.
- The stubbornly nomadic ones among them went back to their former, Mongolian lifestyle, where they could continue to roam at will.
- These mobile homes have been used for thousands of years by nomadic Mongolian tribesmen on the steppes of Asia.
- Our reviewer reports on the latest film by the Mongolian film student studying in Munich whose last film was nominated for an Oscar in 2003.
- It's so fascinating, going through the development of Turkic peoples, their languages, and culture, from the Mongolian steppe through central Asia and as far as Bulgaria.
- Yet Mongolian journalists ignored organized crime, corruption, bribery and abuse of power during this market economy transition.
- A Manchester businessman is hoping to cross 625 miles of harsh Mongolian desert using wind power alone.
- Welcoming visitors to the Chin-Mong food festival that commenced on Wednesday, he explains how he managed to perfect the Mongolian recipes over the past several years of his experience.
- In the local Mongolian language, Lugu means falling into the water.
- Our Mongolian throat singer - who splits his voice into two pitches simultaneously - is generating so much interest that we decide to move his gig to a bigger venue.
- I've told them I'll get my own back later because I'm an expert on the role of the nasal flute in Mongolian music.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.