In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Audiomonofonía feminineto record sth in mono — grabar algo en monofonía / en monoaural
- When the Beatles recorded these songs, it was either in simple two-channel stereo or single channel mono.
- The audio is the original mono and again it's quite sufficient for the quality of the film.
- On the audio front, there's significant distortion from the source, and the thin mono is typical of Japanese films of the period.
- The stereo mix is pretty much indistinguishable from the mono.
- All forty episodes are presented in Dolby Digital 2.0 mono and results are, again, very uneven.
- Many of these matches were recorded in mono originally but the Dolby Digital 2.0 surround mix is more appropriate actually.
- The soundtrack is the original mono, and has the basic problems of such older tracks.
- For those who think there is no difference between mono and stereo should really buy a headphone adapter - the difference is quite incredible.
- For the mono, we tried to stereo-ize it by splitting the equalization into different speakers to get more of a stereo feel.
- The disc's audio is in mono as mastered from a digitally restored 35 mm magnetic track and is in very good shape.
- Presented in Dolby Digital 2.0 mono, there are several imperfections.
- Purists will be happy to know the original mono track was remastered into two-channel Dolby Digital mono.
- In addition, the audio output is available in mono only, which will disappoint those with quality speakers attached to their PC.
- English audio is provided in both 2-channel mono and a new stereo mix.
- For auditory, is the sound close or far away; high or low pitch; clear or muffled; balanced in mono or stereo?
- It will also handle WMA and MP3 audio files, but audio recording is limited to mono - there's a built-in microphone for voice memos.
- The audio is a 5.1 remix of the original mono, and worthy of congratulations for Paramount.
- The latter is a noticeable improvement over the original mono.
- While the original mono has been beefed up to a Stereo Surround offering, the real treat is the multi-speaker spectacle.
- On this track, the stereo is but marginally better than the mono.
- The disc has two soundtrack options: the original mono and a new Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track.
- The audio is presented in mono and sounds as it should, with virtually no background hiss of any kind.
- The audio, as per the usual, is in mono, and sounds free of distortion.
- Both have severe range limitations, but the mono is cleaner and not as muddled as the stereo.
- The audio is the original mono and so is rather uninspiring for this type of action material.
- The 5.1 track still retains some of the lo-fi hollowness of the original mono, but is overall an excellent mix.
- The Capitol rereleases will feature two takes of each song: first in stereo, then in mono.
- It's flat and hollow at times, but why would anyone expect more from an old show originally recorded in mono?
- I gave the audio an 80 because it is in mono, and not totally distinct.
- The sound is the original mono, but was very clear without hiss or distortion.
- The image is reasonably clear and bright, if slightly soft, and the soundtrack is a no-nonsense mono that is free of any artifacts.
- The sound is delivered in Dolby Digital mono and does the job fine.
- They were originally recorded in mono, and reprocessed for stereo.
- The audio is a standard mono, with no hiss except at high volumes, and does its job satisfactorily.
- Audio is a two-channel mix of the original mono, and it has the flat dynamic range typical of Japanese sources of the period.
- For the audio track, you have the original mono, which is wholly unremarkable and a bit tinny.
- Perhaps I should say I wish it sounded like the original mono.
- Dolby Digital 2.0 mono is utilized for both English and French sound tracks.
- The unit can connect to any video source that has composite video and stereo audio RCA jacks, though the encoded audio is limited to mono.
2US informal(mononucleosis)mononucleosis feminine
- People who acquire the virus during childhood are carriers and can pass it on to others, even though they do not exhibit any symptoms of mono.
- She had strep throat, too, which often coexists with infectious mono for some reason.
- Felicity and David's relationship burgeons, despite Meghan giving her mono.
- Because mono is caused by a virus, antibiotics such as penicillin won't help unless the child has a secondary infection like strep bacteria.
- Sometimes fatigue from mono may persist for a few months, and in this case, any kind of vigorous activity or exercise should be avoided.
- Occasionally mono can cause complications.
- They will help only if your child has a bacterial infection along with her mono, such as strep throat.
- Any child with an enlarged spleen from infectious mono should be examined by the child's doctor for medical approval before returning to contact sports.
- He or she might want to test you for other sicknesses that are like mono.
- The most common symptoms of mono include sore throat, swollen glands, and fatigue.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.