1(invariable adjective) monocasco
- It featured an aluminum monocoque with plastic body panels, possibly attached with adhesives.
- The V - 12 Vanquish is built around a central monocoque of bonded and riveted extruded aluminum sections attached to a large carbon fiber transmission tunnel.
- Although companies have used aluminium bodies for years, the XJ's bodyshell is a first, being effectively an aluminium monocoque constructed using aerospace rivet-bonding technology.
- Car safety regulations have been refined constantly in recent years, with further improvements introduced this season to strengthen the monocoque and give the driver more protection.
- A stamped-and-welded steel monocoque may have been well ahead of the welded tube racing car spaceframes of the day, but it's nothing special today.