In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- By the early 1930s, monographs and more popular studies of world music had begun to appear in significant numbers, spurred on by the popularization of humanistic scholarship in general.
- He contributed the third volume in this series with his monograph on topology which we will mention again below.
- This series was established in 1966 to bridge the gap between specialist articles and monographs on the one hand and general surveys on the other.
- A number of different proposals exist for the historical occasion of the letter, both in shorter studies and in monographs.
- In addition to single botanical monographs, there are several monographs on proprietary herbal combination products that have been the subject of clinical research.
- In a series of essays and monographs written between 1885 and 1900, Freud radically reconceptualized hysteria.
- Of special interest are a series of monographs related to distance education.
- To be sure, it is a worthy subject for a monograph or doctoral dissertation.
- Every once in a while it is refreshing to put aside detailed academic monographs in favor of shorter studies that are full of suggestive concepts and ideas.
- Although there are detailed monographs on leading goldsmiths in London, New York and Philadelphia during this period, nothing comparable exists for Ireland.
- What about ‘non-traditional’ scholarship, which may appear in obscure peer-reviewed journals or specialized monographs.
- The full list of her book chapters, articles, monographs, curricula, manuals and more runs to many pages.
- It was the first book on this subject since the monograph of L P Eisenhart in 1926.
- Detailed notes and an excellent bibliographic essay end the monograph.
- In spite of the wealth of monographs on aspects of eighteenth-century Paris, few historians have offered a synthetic treatment of that city.
- The wide interest for basic and applied research on photochromism in the last decade is well documented by two monographs.
- I hope it will encourage the appearance of other local monographs as well as much-needed comprehensive studies of African American religion and churches.
- Academics will have to take time off from writing specialized articles and monographs long enough to write rigorous and stimulating textbooks for all grade levels.
- There existed until very recently only a handful of monographs on the subject.
- The social history of crime is a vibrant area of intellectual enquiry, which since the 1960s has generated a proliferation of monographs and essays on a diversity of issues.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.