In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mononucleosis (infecciosa) feminine
- These white blood cells help fight viral infections, and an increased number of ‘atypical’ lymphocytes usually indicates current infection with mononucleosis.
- The pharyngitis and flu-like symptoms are difficult to distinguish from mononucleosis in older patients.
- As a sophomore, a bout with mononucleosis and an injury limited his play to 29 games, in which he scored just three goals.
- Common benign causes include adenoviral illness in children, mononucleosis, and some pharmaceuticals, and these can usually be identified with a careful history and examination.
- The flu gave way to mononucleosis and finally chronic fatigue syndrome, which sidelined him for several months.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.