1mononucleosis (infecciosa) feminine
- Common benign causes include adenoviral illness in children, mononucleosis, and some pharmaceuticals, and these can usually be identified with a careful history and examination.
- The pharyngitis and flu-like symptoms are difficult to distinguish from mononucleosis in older patients.
- As a sophomore, a bout with mononucleosis and an injury limited his play to 29 games, in which he scored just three goals.
- The flu gave way to mononucleosis and finally chronic fatigue syndrome, which sidelined him for several months.
- These white blood cells help fight viral infections, and an increased number of ‘atypical’ lymphocytes usually indicates current infection with mononucleosis.