- Indeed, non-competitive contracts with convicted monopolists would seem to be expressly what these laws should allow to be exposed.
- This would create a more dynamic industry, in which indies could compete more equally with the broadcasting monopolists.
- Output restriction simply means that the monopolist and its employees work less hard.
- When you talk about withdrawing your services from the sick, it's just like the monopolists using monopoly power.
- The New Deal, in fact, enabled cooperatives to act as monopolists in so many ways by providing mandatory production controls that eliminated uncontrollable surpluses.
- Large firms with considerable market power in principle could act as monopolists and abuse their market power by raising prices.
- They now seem to resemble an unscrupulously privatised enterprise that was formerly a monopolist on the domestic market.
- It is a fact that the software producer has been judged to be a monopolist.
- So the monopolist will set a price or produce a quantity which will maximize its profits, other things being equal.
- It's a reminder of how much market power a monopolist holds in shaping a culture.
- This is because the behaviour of a rational monopolist will be to market the goods at a price which is higher than that prevailing under ordinary competitive conditions.
- It labels the company a monopolist in violation of federal law and mandates reform.
- If the owner reaches an agreement with the two state-owned monopolists, they might withdraw their claims and save the company from insolvency.
- It was followed, at the end of the 15th cent., by the Merchant Venturers of London, monopolists of the expanding cloth industry's overseas trade.
- It is the essence of monopoly that the monopolist has the power to set the price of his product, which is effected by altering the amount that is supplied.
- A monopolist can determine the market price for its product and can be described as a price maker rather than a price taker.
- The characteristic feature of monopoly prices is the monopolist's defiance of the wishes of the consumers.
- That has left top managers with the daunting task of persuading some of the world's biggest monopolists to all but change their worldviews.
- As monopolists, oligarchs initially exploited the system.
- Over various periods, how did U.S. Steel act ‘as if’ it was a monopolist or near-monopolist and still survive?