In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1monocarril masculinemonorriel masculine Latin Americamonorraíl masculine Spain
- How about an elevated monorail to connect the two Bradford stations, the airport link and the Odsal complex?
- Why will the monorail be any less expensive than the light rail?
- From the moment you step on to the monorail which takes you from the vast car park to the park itself, the excitement of the day begins.
- They were given apartments that were very near the monorail that would bring them to the Core District in a matter minutes.
- By contrast, alternate technologies like people movers, mini metros and monorails require the entire route to be separated either by elevating it, putting it underground or fencing it off.
- If monorail's success rate in less-populated areas is any indication, the airport could do well with such connectivity.
- Some monorails get by with tracks just a shade over two feet wide.
- They plan to remind voters of the original allure of monorail: Elevated trains never get stuck in traffic.
- This apparently will lead to billions of petro dollars being spent on monorails, overpasses and new highways.
- I paid my fare and then rode the first monorail that came, which was headed to Convention Center Station.
- The elevator opens onto a platform where you can catch a monorail up the hill to the museum.
- One can take taxis, monorails or buses to reach the place.
- Since there are claims and counter-claims by advocates of the metro and the monorail, a debate is definitely called for.
- He does acknowledge though, that the key to getting either the monorail or the tram back on track is to find investment from the private centre.
- We stepped off of the monorail onto a platform with two tracks lining it four floors up.
- They hadn't the concourses of most normal airports, or the monorails that would connect the terminals, or over-priced eateries.
- The current batch of super Casinos in a relatively finite space are already forming tentative alliances, offering monorails between venues that are separately owned and operated.
- We need to stop judging the monorail by the degree to which it does or doesn't make us feel good, and treat it like any other major civic project.
- The monorail was labeled an essential facility by the state Legislature and the Seattle City Council.
- He says the light rail will connect four of Seattle's major urban centers, and the monorail will connect the fifth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.