In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Meta-regressions also explored the relation between change in proportion of saturated fat, polyunsaturated fat, and monounsaturated fat on cardiovascular events.
- Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats tend to decrease blood cholesterol levels when substituted for saturated fats.
- It contains less monounsaturated fat and more unhealthy artery-clogging saturated fat than olive oil, Weil says.
- In refractory cases, monounsaturated fats may replace carbohydrates, but weight and lipid profile should be closely monitored.
- It is suggested that replacing saturated fats in the typical American diet with monounsaturated fats present in macadamia nuts has a favorable effect on lipoprotein levels.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.