In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Any furnace producing that amount may have one or more operating conditions causing such a high level of carbon monoxides.
- Earlier in 2004 Californian city councillors ended up with red faces after taking steps to protect people from the potentially deadly chemical dihydrogen monoxide.
- This atomic chlorine reacts readily with ozone to produce chlorine monoxide and molecular oxygen.
- The deleterious consumption of monoxides and dioxides has also weakened my mental acuity, sensitivity and enthusiasm.
- He continued to work productively, analysing the chemistry of chlorine bleaches and preparing hypochlorous acid and chlorine monoxide for the first time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.