In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- By the end of this montage sequence, they're sitting next to one another, sharing a plate of snack food.
- The opening montage sequence has also been suitably celebrated.
- The wonderfully constructed opening montage sequence, consisting of flashback action coupled with newspaper headlines and photographs, emphasises the centrality of Daisy's kidnapping to the plot.
- It was celebrated for its numerous advances in filmmaking technique, crafting a style of montage that would become the norm for the coming century of cinema.
- In each case, the town and the barefaced cliffs behind which the irradiated children survive are linked together through montage, drawing out an all-encompassing atmosphere of inhibition and isolation.
- The montage style allows the filmmakers to ‘free up’ a lot of the material, removing its current meaning while suggesting another.
- The film is poetic in tone and features a number of image and sound montage sequences.
- She learned how to montage films - editing together different camera shots for effect.
- It is montage alone that separates and makes cinema stand out above all the other art forms.
- This was done after shooting the whole film and montage sequences.
- His technique of film montage involved juxtaposing two opposing images so that a new third image was created in the viewers' imagination.
- There are some very well-done montage sequences and some honestly insightful cuts, but they are drowned in a flood of meaningless and unmotivated shots and scenes.
- So he jazzed up the movie with rapid fire, machinegun edits and one confusing montage after another that completely throw off any sense of continuity.
- The video quality suffers greatly from this montage approach to the presentation.
- The snappy editing, rapid montage sequences and throbbing soundtrack give the film tremendous pace in its early stages and that is matched by some funny moments.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.